Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scary or embarrassing moments

no long term affects other than a little loss of hearing, but it helps with the other half, not really a bad thing,lol... I guess I am just not in my right mind but being in the water is somehow just natural... and drowning wasn' t so bad.. friends and family said I should have sued the company but I wouldn't...**** happens and It was an unforeseeable accident in my book... made hundreds of dives like it before and hundreds after.. back on the horse kinda thing..

Registered Users

I backrolled without my fins. I couldn't figure out why I was having so much trouble moving. The DM motioned to me "where are your fins?" Everyone on the boat called me "flipper" for the rest of the trip.

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

lol ... I remember once a while ago jumping in on a snorkel ... I guess the full foot fins were a bit big for me and I stepped right out of them ... there they were on the edge of the platform like slippers beside my bed ...

Quote Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
    I guess the full foot fins were a bit big for me and I stepped right out of them ... there they were on the edge of the platform like slippers beside my bed ...
    This is why we check gear fit BEFORE jumping in the water
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    I'm at a place called Vertigo
    ¿Dónde está?
    It's everything I wish I didn't know

Registered Users
    State
    OH
    Country
    USA

Default Scary

Many years ago, I went night diving in a Florida spring...back in the day when I used to wear a snorkel. I did not know it, but there were a lot of fresh-water eels in the spring. Upon ascent, I managed to snag a rather large eel between my snorkel and head. Imagine being unable to see or know what this snakelike thing is whipping around your head at night, 50 feet down! Only thing I knew to do was stay as calm as possible, pray that it was not a poisonous snake and keep going up---. When I surfaced, it escaped. My buddy thought his dive partner had become Medusa!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123