Hybrid View

Registered Users
    City
    Fremantle
    State
    West Australia
    Country
    Australia

My primary runs off the L/H post. Mainly because it comes from the centreline port on my Scubapro MK25 and has a much cleaner line with no awkward bends.
    As I don't do caves and tend to avoid tight squeezes the possibilty of roll off is a none issue for me.
    SSMD Diver.

Today is a good day to Dive.

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

As for the hose kinking, coming off the R/H post, check your hose ports and direction. You may be able to rearrange your hoses , so this is not an issue any more. I have seen people have SEVERE bends on their hoses, and that is not an acceptable routing option. (long story on this one, person refused to even consider any alternatives, and the hoses were visibly degraded!!)

Another reason for the inflater off the right post is that it could serve as yet another source of gas for breathing, in the event of two second stages failing. You do not want to have too many hoses off of one post, and this splits them evenly, and provides more redundancy.

Why route this way when not diving over head environments? the point is to configure your gear, so there is little to no change of configuration for different environments. Your response time and training is improved when not fumbling for a component that has been newly place in a different position. The idea is clean, simple and streamlined at all times!!