Thread: Stay Away

Default Stay Away

So down at one of the very popular dive site a tiny baby harbor seal was resting on the beach, probably 25 lbs at most. Of course people gather mostly complete idiots but then it gets even better. One dumb **** decides it needs to be nursed like a newborn human child. She wrapped it up in a beach towel and was holding it in her arms. A simple call and leaving it alone would have just been fine. I guess they've never heard of the marine mammal protection act! I was hoping that she got bit and then tossed the thousand dollar fine. It would teach her and the fifty other divers crowding around a good lesson. I would have said something if I wasn't helping out with a rather large basic class when I walked by to enter the water. When I was exiting the water after the dive, the marine mammal rescue people just showed up and yelled at the few people that didn't leave, too bad the idiot wasn't still holding it when they showed up. The lesson is: You're not allowed to approach them but they can approach you...it's the LAW!

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

I'm with you! Look, but not too close, photograph if you want to and, if you're worried about the little critter, call the appropriate organisation and they'll tell you what to do. Other than that, leave it alone.

Well I'm glad someone agrees because your doing more harm to the animal than if you just left it alone. They are wild animals (just like bears, lions, etc.) and they rest on the beach. When they are that young the moms will leave they there where it's safe untill a joe lifesaver decides to help to go and hunt for food. Who knows if this was the case, it could have just been seperated. But please just stay away and call for help