Thread: La Buffadora and Todos Santos

City
    Vista
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

Default La Buffadora and Todos Santos

Did a few dives at the La Buffadora and Todos Santos from my buddys rib. Nice clear water, cold, and lots of life. Some pictures that turned out I posted on my Photobucket at:

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...2008/?start=40

Country
    USA

Looks like Southern California on steroids! Nice photos....
    SMN Publisher

City
    Vista
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

Default July 4th La Buffadora Trip

Made another trip down to the La Buffadora in northern Baja CA and did two dives with the local dive operation there. Great deal for only $30 for two tanks. Nice dives but a bit of swell made for a quite a bit of surge at the shallower depths. Water temp typical for the area about 64 at surface and 55 at depth. Photos from the dive are at:

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...20July%202008/

Country
    USA

Is La Bufadora near Ensenada? I did some diving in Loreto and really liked it....I would prefer Loreto diving over Cabo San Lucas too.

Nice new photos by the way!
    SMN Publisher

City
    Vista
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

La Buffadora is near Ensenada. I'm planning my first trip to Loreto at the end of the month. Will be camping, hope its not too hot but I'm looking forward to warm water for a change. I like to do at least one trip to warm water a year if possible, otherwise its all local CA/Baja dives for me. Any suggestions regarding diving and camping in Loreto?

Brian

Country
    USA

It has been 20 years since I was there but I really liked it. The water was warm enough for a 3 mm suit, no hood as the water is alleged to be 80 degrees in August.

I just did several dives right off the shore around to a rocky point right in front of a hotel.....you can check with the dive stores at hotels.....or you can just get your tanks filled and shore dive right off the beach. It was a real easy entry and a nice lazy sight seeing filled dive.

You can pay more $ and be taken to the local islands.....I would do a day trip to one of them which looks interesting.

Dolphin Dive Center was at the Long Beach Scuba Show.....they are a PADI facility and I have a sneaking suspicion they would treat you right. You can also go in and pick their brains about local diving. they have giant squid night dives which would be REALLY cool.
    SMN Publisher