Thread: 118.4 lb. Wahoo

Registered Users

Default 118.4 lb. Wahoo

One of our friends had an interesting adventure. Check out the information below. See our work @ www.helterskeletons.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought you all would be interested to hear about this adventure even though it was taken Freediving. Fish were thick this day and I have to thank Captain Bill Delabar of FRENZY Tackle for getting me on the right track. I've learned so much from him this winter fishing out of Lousiana. We've landed heaps of Tuna and Wahoo but this one was the largest I've seen outside of the Bahamas or Cabo. This was my first day off and I was lucky enough to capitalize on it. Lousiana state record, US Record and the second largest Wahoo speared so I'm still stoked. Shot with a prototype 140 Riffe Euro gun and a single 2 atm float that I usually use for big tunas. Fish never took it down with a 75 ft bungey. The belly meat on this thing was more than 2 inches thick. I sent the head (which weighed 25 lbs!) to the guys at HELTER SKELETONS (@ www.helterskeletons.com) to have them preserve it for me so I will keep you up to date on how that goes. Should be pretty wicked.
    Cameron Kirkconnell
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users

Default Very Nice catch!

Holy mackeral... I mean Wahoo!
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State