Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody done this before???

Quote Originally Posted by PinayDiver View Post
    I was startled when the wreck shots shifted to black-and-white footages of another time, of crew in action. (Brought home the sobering recognition of wrecks as war graves.)
    Filming words on grave stones ("son") was an inspired move too.

I wanted it to be a tribute to the crews and I wanted to have a theme of here it is now and here is how they were and at the end of the day they were young and someones son or father.

Steve
    Semper in sterquilinio haeremus: tantum altitudo stercoris interdum.

><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯ `·.¸><(((º>

"Sail forth - steer for the deep waters only, Reckless O soul, exploring, I with thee and thou with me, For we are bound where mariner has not yet dared to go, And we will risk the ship, ourselves and all."

In life, some people are poetry in motion whilst others are just gibberish in neutral.

My diving forum in the UK

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by oceanic View Post
    Hi there, I was wondering if anybody on here has actually found something of interest lying on the ocean floor or maybe even a old boat or something. What would the signs be that there mite be something buried under the sand. I have access to a remote coastline in Sa not frequently explored and I must admit it would be way cool to actually find something of importance there and I have a feeling that its actually very possible as there are two river mouths in the area that can or could service as a trade line and even a few bays that could have afforded sheltered anchorage at first glance but gets pretty rough and stormy all of a sudden, perfect conditions to land a ship on the rocks as they tend to stretch pretty far into the ocean at most places. They also discovered a cave in the area a few years back where they found remains of cave men and later sivilisations, we also found lead ballasts close to one of the river mouths a year back, but the ship to which they belonged lies quite shallow so what was there has allready been taken , but if theres one the possibility for more is there or am I being hopefull? Just wondering

Check out this recent find at Red Sea Mystery Wreck and yes, that's the bell lying there in the debris field. If there are any Maritime Archaeologists out there I would to hear what you have to say.

Steve
    Semper in sterquilinio haeremus: tantum altitudo stercoris interdum.

><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯ `·.¸><(((º>

"Sail forth - steer for the deep waters only, Reckless O soul, exploring, I with thee and thou with me, For we are bound where mariner has not yet dared to go, And we will risk the ship, ourselves and all."

In life, some people are poetry in motion whilst others are just gibberish in neutral.

My diving forum in the UK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12