Registered Users
    City
    Blairsville
    State
    Georgia
    Country
    United States

Default Well I'm Back & Thanks Scuba Magazine

Wow you guys have grown as a dive site and I have grown as a diver but I'm still learning. When I first got on some crazy looking dude said give your wallet to your diveshop. Well I'm here to tell you he wasn't kidding BUT its been well worth the experience. I'm going to journey out and try a different instructor for Cave Diving. I'm excited to do this and see how my training stacks up so I will approach it with a humble and possitive attitude. The Florida caves are close and there are many to explore. I have family in Florida and can cut cost and economic times for me are tough so I feel I've arrived at this goal at the perfect time. I have much recreational equipment I would love to sell. I've just started to explore the site and I don't know where to go if there is. If someone would be kind enough to guide me I would appreciate it. I would like to add one thing I've noticed during my adventures as a diver. Divers are honest folks. I've met divers from around the globe and you don't have to worry about your equipment on the boat and I've even had equipment returned to me that came unattached while helping a fellow diver. I love this sport and the people involved!

Country
    USA

Glad you're having a great time!
    SMN Publisher

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

First things, If you leave gear (or anything else) un-attended in cave country........it will be gone. Too many of the locals know the value of the gear. As for who and where to go, start with whether you will take to cave diving. Go to Ginnie springs and dive in Ginnie spring. It is a cavern that has been made to accept openwater divers. It will give you a TASTE of what cave diving is about. Next, the instructor. Get one who is local to cave country. These will be the guys who dive this environment every day and know it best. If you thought you have spent a lot of money so far....."you ain't seen nothin yet". I would look to NAUI, NACD, or the NSS-CDS for a cave instructor. The better ones teach GUE, but you didn't mention them, and they require certain classes asa pre-requisites (very good thinking, in my opinion). PADI is not an option for this highly technical training.

Good luck!

Registered Users
    City
    Blairsville
    State
    Georgia
    Country
    United States

Default Thanks for the tip

I will remember to guard my equipment and not leave it unattended around cave country. I've advanced through NAUI to Trimix II and have a majority of the equipment. The GUE training is not offered in my area and I've heard many positives about their training. I have been to Ginnie, Blue Grotto, Vortex, Morrison Springs, Troy Springs, Bens Cavern, Mermaids Lair and what I like to affectionately refer to as Hells Little Hole; Forty Fathoms.They are all technically caverns but three I wouldn't consider as such and loved it. I have checked into the extra equipment needed and your exactly right I have more equipment to acquire. I have made arrangements for training with Jim Wyatt and from everything I've read and heard about this instructor he is excellent. I feel confident but I must be humble because the skills required are not for the average open water diver or Technical Diver. Wish me luck!