Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many of us are Instructors?

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    If you have ever gone cold water diving in a wetsuit then tried a drysuit, you will NEVER go back. It is like going from a Windoze PC to a Mac, you'll wonder what the heck you were thinking!

But then again diving exotic tropical sort of spoils one too!

That is not a good comparison, especially considering most of the computer geeks would agree that a PC is much better then a CrackBook.

Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    That is not a good comparison, especially considering most of the computer geeks would agree that a PC is much better then a CrackBook.
    Sure, it is better if one needs their sadomascochistic security blankie of trojan viruses, worm viruses, kleez viruses, having to run file defragmentation programs, disk optimization programs, updating their anti-virus software, doing a virus sweep, having to reload software that gets corrupted, having to boot from an emergency os disk when the main os becomes corrupted, having to download the entire hard drive and os to a separate drive, then uploading a new os version, then reimporting the data and hope for the best

Actually Windoze users often get REALLY good with their skills born out of necessity, me, I admit I don' t know didly because Macs and their software just always works and never has a problem, so I don't get to practice any advanced defensive skills.

All good natured ribbing, the Mac OS is built on an industrial stable Unix core, and that is where the real advantage comes into play...well, that and even dogs are smart enough not to poo where they sleep, which is why Mac users don't write viruses for their own OS.

Right now myscubastory is probably thinking: hey, can we all just talk about diving? lol
    SMN Publisher

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

While it is true, my computer kung fu is strong because of all of those things you mentioned, you fail to recognize that all of that was in the past. Windows 7 is an entirely different OS and requires none of those previously needed skills.

BUT I STILL HAVE THEM.

Anyway, like I said before I have nothing against a MAC and feel it is great for someone that doesn't really want to learn how to use a real computer. My wife has a Macbook Pro. It is built beautifully, and Apple definitely has the best quality hardware out there. That being said, I feel completely lost on her Mac. Even the simplest tasks are extremely difficult for me on her computer. It doesn't make sense for me to waste time trying to figure out how to do something basic on her computer when I can dance around doing advanced things on mine with my eyes closed.

Right click on this and I will buy you a new re-breather.

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

I spent 3h40m in water yesterday during 2 dives, 9C. Today I only did 1 dive lasting 2h18M. Never felt cold until I changed into my normal clothes.
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Right click on this and I will buy you a new re-breather.
    Which rebreather? APD aren't shipping any new units as they have no cells, they're not the only ones with problems.
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Okeanos View Post
    Which rebreather? APD aren't shipping any new units as they have no cells, they're not the only ones with problems.
    Okeanos, the joke went right above your head.

The idea being that an Apple product lacks the right mouse button.

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Okeanos, the joke went right above your head.

The idea being that an Apple product lacks the right mouse button.
    The only apple products I know are scrumpy and crumble, of course there's no right mouse button, there's no right mouse

p.s. if you don;t know what Scrumpy is, I'll help you out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrumpy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123