Quote Originally Posted by klemens Gann View Post
Been teaching PADI since 1995, did a crossover to NAUI a year later which I think is the better program but discontinued teaching it as nobody requested it. Here in the Philippines PADI is the only thing you can sell. Sad, but true.
I understand completely as am trying to make the decision myself which way to go. I originally started my SCUBA training as NAUI and always had strong feelings about the quality of the NAUI training process. In my opinion it has always been the most in-depth training available.

I just got a job offer from my local dive shop which is SSI. I have to take a few classes in order to work there and the cost is really minimal compared to any other route for me. I do feel concerned though if in the future I decide to look for a job somewhere else I will have a difficult time finding someone looking for someone with SSI credentials. I know that PADI is the most popular route, but it is also a lot more costly (at least for me).

Klem, can you tell me more about what was involved in the crossover course. That might be the best idea of all, as I can focus on what is available to me now.