Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New kit - twin set carrier
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New kit - twin set carrier

Registered Users
    City
    Brampton
    Country
    UK

Default New kit - twin set carrier

http://www.venturediving.com/images/forum-tank2go.jpg
    http://www.venturediving.com/images/forum-tank2go2.jpg

Here's a really useful bit of kit for those of you with twin sets: a stainless steel carrier/trolley that allows you to carry and move your cylinders and ancillaries easily and effectively. Simply fitted by a pair of wing-nuts that hold the Tank2Go carrier to the twinning bands, so it becomes an intrinsic part of your equipment; which stays with you throughout the whole day's diving - in and out of the water.
    Lots of other benefits, but go to www.venturediving.com for more information and pictures.
    Safe diving
    Jon Chitty

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Neat idea, maybe they can make one with a quick disconnect so it could be removed for your dives. Remember that most divers using doubles or twins will most likely be squeezing through tight spots so underwater this thing will be a big entanglement hazard and not only useless, but maybe dangerous.

City
    London
    Country
    UK

As Ace says, there's no way I'd have that extra bit of metal and entanglement hazard on my back during the dive.

To be honest, I'd be more inclined to go with a simple, fold away trolley with a couple of bungees... far cheaper, no risk or hazard durng the dive, and you can use the trolley for other things as well.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

You can toss this thing in the pile with some of the other gear that has FAILED.

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

I got a nice sturdy dolly with all terrain wheels that I use to cart my doubles around ... I don't think it was more than $50?? Probably not as compact as the one pictured but it can also lay flat on four wheels if you like and of course it is just to cart gear and won't go underwater with me ... I agree, to many hooky things on that rig to be permanantly attached to the tanks.
    -- "I'd like to be ... under the sea ... In an octopus' garden ... in the shade ..."

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

On the other hand, it looks nice and shiny with those custom painted cylinders.

LOL

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

wouldnt be sen dead with it

Registered Users
    City
    Brampton
    Country
    UK

Default Twin set carrier

Thanks for all your comments.
    Our market research has shown that to many divers this will be a beneficial piece of equipment.
    And as a result of your feedback we have adjusted the position of the handle. It is now in the final stages of design. Safety has always been our priority as is the enjoyment factor of diving.
    Jon Chitty

Country
    USA

Here's a bigger picture....

SMN Publisher

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I just don't get it I guess, just put your cylinders on your back and walk to the boat. You have to do that to go diving anyway. Most charters in my area have dock carts that you can load your gear into and wheel down to the boat if you have a long haul or a lot of gear, but at least you can put everything in there. This is only good for wheeling your cylinders around.

I am so sorry that I feel this way, but I just think it is a bad idea overall. I don't think the only problem is the handle location, it is the entire idea. They came up with a similar device for single cylinders. It was a tank boot with wheels, and funny the ONLY place I have seen them is on ebay. I have never seen a diver with one, that is for sure, I have never seen them in a dive shop either. Obviously that was a failure as well, and now they are trying to pawn them off on ebay divers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast