Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New kit - twin set carrier

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    I am so sorry that I feel this way, but I just think it is a bad idea overall. I don't think the only problem is the handle location, it is the entire idea. They came up with a similar device for single cylinders. It was a tank boot with wheels, and funny the ONLY place I have seen them is on ebay. I have never seen a diver with one, that is for sure, I have never seen them in a dive shop either. Obviously that was a failure as well, and now they are trying to pawn them off on ebay divers.
    I couldn't agree more! The only this is that I would have to say is that atleast the single tank wheels wasn't a big obstruction. Here's a site where someone converted a golf cart to a single tank carrier. http://home.comcast.net/~airgunner/id17.htm
    Singles aren't that bad so it seems like a waste but a lot cheaper solution that could be converted for doubles. Also sand/off road wagons were designed to transport tanks too.

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Default Disaster!!

Need I say this? This is a disaster waiting to happen! Each of the wheels is entanglement hazard, not to mention the handle. Why would you add more weight to what is all ready a heavy set up? This is designed by someone who does not dive doubles very much, if at all. There is no up side to this, and a slug of down sides. There is the real safety issue of points of entanglement. You are inviting trouble with this rig.

City
    London
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Chitty View Post
    Thanks for all your comments.
    Our market research has shown that to many divers this will be a beneficial piece of equipment.
    Jon, you are talking to your market right now!

As a UK based operation, you may want to advertise your new product on some of the UK based forums as well (PM me for the details if you want them), see what their respone is. However I'm reasonably sure the response will be far less polite and far more vocal!!

Sorry mate, but there are only a handful of times that wheels would even be viable... twins get carried up and down steps, across mud and stones, rocks, over transoms etc. And for those few occasions, what's the logic in adding on high grade engineered metal to your twins, when a simple foldable trolley would do just as well?

I wish you luck with it, I think you're going to need it!

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

And make sure you have some insanely good insurance and a great team of lawyers ready. An equipment related death is a tough one to defend.

Seriously, I hate to burst your bubble, but wouldn't you rather know now before you spend money for production and advertising? I know it sounds like a great idea, but as you can see theory and reality are not always the same. Maybe we can help you with another idea for a scuba product that we need and is safe.

Ace

and here's the simple solution.... remove the bolts or what ever makes it stay on permanently and replace it with a bungie or cord.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdaniel View Post
    wouldn't be sen dead with it
    You might? If it is a good recovery team you might be seen again?
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post

LOL, good one.

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    At least there will be some wheels to roll the corpse out on!

tooooooooooooooooo funny!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12