Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How strict are the airlines and which one should I take.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBA411 View Post
    Amtrosie,

My question was specific to inter Island travel in the Republic of the Philippines. While I appreciate your response, have you ever been to the RP? I understand this is a practice which occurs in that nation primarily to encourage tourism. As Dennis pointed out PAL is the airliine which provides that service.
    Why don't you make things easier on yourself. Instead of asking the question here and then not liking the answers you get, why don't you pick up the telephone or write an email to the airlines that offer the flight you want. That way you can be sure to get the CORRECT answer and will not be upset when you arrive at the gate with an unexpected bill.

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBA411 View Post
    Amtrosie,

My question was specific to inter Island travel in the Republic of the Philippines. While I appreciate your response, have you ever been to the RP? I understand this is a practice which occurs in that nation primarily to encourage tourism. As Dennis pointed out PAL is the airline which provides that service.

Funny you should ask, I lived in the PI for 2 years, and I have flown Philippine Airlines. While that may have been quite a few years ago, the issues that airlines are facing are world wide, and today's fuel prices are globally affecting. To add to that, I have been involved in the aviation industry for almost 30 years.

I have an idea of what I speak
    Last edited by amtrosie; 04-27-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: miss spelling

Registered Users
    City
    Moalboal
    Country
    rp

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Why don't you make things easier on yourself. Instead of asking the question here and then not liking the answers you get, why don't you pick up the telephone or write an email to the airlines that offer the flight you want. That way you can be sure to get the CORRECT answer and will not be upset when you arrive at the gate with an unexpected bill.
    What me upset . Funny you should suggest that, I had been trying to call CEBU PACIFIC for a few days before I posted and have unfortunately been unsuccesful...

I think the best choice is to wait until I am on the ground in Cebu next month and then figure it out, I will be there for 10 days before I need to be up in Bolinao.

Quote Originally Posted by amtrosie View Post
    Funny you should ask, I lived in the PI for 2 years, and I have flown Philippine Airlines. While that may have been quite a few years ago, the issues that airlines are facing are world wide, and today's fuel prices are globally affecting. To add to that, I have been involved in the aviation industry for almost 30 years.

I have an idea of what I speak
    Hi amtrosie, where about did you live? The diving here is great, which spots did you like best?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12