Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Background music & sources

Country
    USA

Default Background music & sources

I purchased SonicFire Pro. You can make the soundtracks exactly the length you want, with a proper ending too, BUT, going much longer than the song makes it sound somewhat tediously repetitive.

Here are some suggestions, and please, by all means, add your music sources and what you think of them, costs, etc.

Audio Network

Davenport Music

Digital Juice

GMP Music

Jamendo

MagnaTune

Music Bakery

Royalty Free Music

SonicFire Pro

Sounddogs

Stock 20

As you all chime in any good tips you have I will edit the above list and add the referred source in alphabetical order.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Digital Juice is very good and they have a lot of flexibility. It and Sonic Fire is all I use.
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Country
    USA

Ok, I added Digital Juice, thanks Papa.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users
    City
    San Diego
    State
    CA
    Country
    USA

I like the SonicFire Pro and the SmartSound Music. It allows me to create variations that fit my films, so now I can focus on the visual part of the production but have very good sound and quality.

Barbara
    Barbara Lloyd
    Cinematographer & Producer
    Stella Luna Productions
    www.StellaLunaProductions.com

Remember you may think it’s a dive, but to sharks you are potential food.

760-704-7700
    barbara.lloyd@gmail.com

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

Country
    USA

What I am finding with Smartsound is although it is quite useful being able to make the music the exact length you need, making it much longer makes it quite monotonously repetitive.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users
    City
    Brooklin
    State
    Ontario
    Country
    Canada

SONY also has a software product called Cinescore which I imagine is similar to SonicFire in that it allows you to create music to fit the length of your video. I purchased the product but, apart from playing a bit to figure out how it works, have yet to use it in any of my productions. My preference is to find a piece of royalty free music created by real musicians that fits the mood I am attempting to portray and then edit the video to the music. In my opinion this allows the video and audio tracks to work in co-operative harmony as though they belong together.

Country
    USA

Yes, this time around I am going to lay down the score first but the workflow looks like it will be more daunting.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users
    City
    Brooklin
    State
    Ontario
    Country
    Canada

Daunting is a good word to describe this particular style of editing. Some others that come to mind are time-consuming and frustrating. The end result may be justified for some videographers though. Each time that a video is completed there is the satisfaction that comes from having given it your very best. To a large extent editing the video to the soundtrack has become an editing style for me since it sets my work apart from what many others are doing.

Registered Users
    Country
    USA

Default music

I've used stock music tracks for more than 100 commercials over the years as an inexpensive means to an end, however nothing beats and original soundtrack. I have a Berkley grad. composer now especially for underwater. It's not cheap, but you're not going to hear your music on some used car commercial.
    Have a listen to the preview clips: hd2o.tv
    If you have a serious project and need professional music give me a shout. Original music is a selling point!
    Regards,
    Paul
    paul

Country
    USA

Ok Paul, spill the beans, what does it cost?
    SMN Publisher

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast