Thread: Going to the Bahamas to dive with sharks.

City
    Brighton
    Country
    UK

Talking Going to the Bahamas to dive with sharks.

Hi Guys,

I'm planning a trip the Bahamas to dive with sharks.

Ideally we want to do a close encounter feeding.

Thing is – there are some many islands, hotels and Dive Co.’s ….
    Does anyone have any experience here? … or have heard anything to try or avoid?

Cheers

UtterChaos

Country
    USA

Welcome to the SMN community!
    SMN Publisher

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Quote Originally Posted by UtterChaos View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm planning a trip the Bahamas to dive with sharks.

Ideally we want to do a close encounter feeding.

Thing is – there are some many islands, hotels and Dive Co.’s ….
    Does anyone have any experience here? … or have heard anything to try or avoid?

Cheers

UtterChaos
    Have you booked it yet? If so what operator? Need more info to help you!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

You can start off on Stuart Cove's website. I know he is the Premier Shark Dive Operator. There are others, but I know for sure he offers a lot of special types of shark diving, even feedings if you like.

City
    Brighton
    Country
    UK

Nothing booked yet ... we're coming from the UK.

I've heard of Stuart Cove’s – they get on TV quite a lot and I am tempted. Does anyone have any personal experience with them?

Thanks

UC

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

No personal experiences yet, but I am sure I will some time in the near future. From my research, if you want the best, then that is who you should go see. Not only are they doing shark dives, but they include shark education which extremely important. I would suggest you go to their website and check it out for yourself. They even have a free video about what they do. There are many other great operations in the area as well, but if you really want the best then you got it.

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by UtterChaos View Post
    Nothing booked yet ... we're coming from the UK.

I've heard of Stuart Cove’s – they get on TV quite a lot and I am tempted. Does anyone have any personal experience with them?

Thanks

UC

I have booked dives with them in the past. The shark dives were pricey, so passed on it. What I saw there at the shop, they seem to have their act together, safety and all. I have been on other shark dives, so was not going to pay triple, to dive. They cater to the recreational diver and as a tech diver, was disgusted with profiles offered.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

You are right, they are geared toward the recreational diver. They are also expensive, but just like you have said in the past about airplane tickets, you get what you pay for.

If you don't care about paying more than other places, but are concerned with having a great time and having a guaranteed shark encounter every time then they are for you. They surely don't advertise that they are a tech diver place, they do advertise the one thing they are better than anyone else at....SHARK DIVES! There are plenty of other dive operators in the area that will show you a good time, just do a google search. Stuart Cove's is a good place to start.

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

Sorry, can't help with the Bahamas shark dive, but good luck.

Welcome to the group. Bike picture caught my eye and checked the web site, an interesting looking crowd you hang out with! Been in the US for 10 years now, but used to enjoy the MayDay run down to Hastings. Rode a Harley for a while, ZXR 750 for a couple of years and loved my Triumph 955i, had to sell that when I came here. Now over here on a Harley, take a look at www.strokersdallas.com for our local hang out.

City
    Kent
    State
    Ohio
    Country
    US

We did a shark dive on a Nekton liveaboard last July and we plan to go again next July. It was great and pretty intense. They used 4' baracuda for chum and we were within 25'. Most sharks were 7'-8' reef sharks. Don't know if you are interested in a week long liveaboard, but this will be my 5th time out with them. Check out their website.