Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cozumel Questions May 2008

Registered Users
    City
    Calgary
    Country
    Canada

Talking Cozumel Questions May 2008

Well I'm excited... going to Cozumel May 2008 for open water dives and Advanced open water dives. Any suggestions on Hotel and Dive shop

In January I was there at Iberostar and used Dressel, Enjoyed whole trip. Just don't think I need all inclusive, Unfortunately friend bailed so I am going alone . To bad so sad but I'm not letting that stop me.

I have been looking at the Cozumel Scuba Club but do not know anyone that has been there.

Any and all Suggestions would be appreciated
    "From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.”
    Jacque Cousteau

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Dive Shop Cozumel or Sand Dollar Sports are both good as well many others. It is so competitive that they all have to keep sharp. Festa Americana, Paradisuse, and Reef Club are all good as well.
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Conrad, yes, I have a suggestion...bring back a trip report with photos! lol

Registered Users

Default Scuba Club

Scuba Club is nice, from what my dive buddies tell me.
    Their price is right, you are near town, etc... You are a little
    farther away from the reefs. What can you do?

I've always stayed at Fiesta Americana.
    Dive House is great and on site. It's far enough away from town,
    yet close enough too and they're close to the reefs.

I am heading down in June for 14 days..
    I will be staying at Casa Del Mar with some friends...
    $129/night All inclusive... Sweet!

I'll hit Cozumel first, then over to the main land and heading to Mahahaul for
    5 days of some of the most pristine and awesome diving you can ever
    imagine. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone.. It's Cozumel 20 years ago
    with reefs that are virgin.. I'll be using Dreamtime Resorts; dreamtimediving.com

Good luck,
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Registered Users

I'll be staying at Scuba Club Cozumel in Mid May. If your trip is after the 19th, I'll have a trip report for you to read.

Registered Users
    City
    Calgary
    Country
    Canada

Default Cozumel dates

It looks like I will be in cozumel May 3 - 10, Have not decided yet on where. I am leaning toward SCC but depends. My wife is worried about me diving in another country with out someone around that knows me. Might have to treat my brother or Mother or something. These being the only people I know that can travel whenever they want. LOL
    "From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.”
    Jacque Cousteau

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Talk to the DM's you wont be alone! You will be one of thousands of divers on the reef on any given day! The DM will keep an eye on you if you ask or express the concerns you have! If your wife is not diving do Fiesta Americana! She will like it more! Great ocean front!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users
    City
    Calgary
    Country
    Canada

Default This trip

Unfortunately, My wife won't be making this trip. She has booked all her holidays. I get 5 weeks a year and she only gets three. her concern is that I'm down there, with out someone that knows me, in case I have an accident. You would have to know my wife. She is always looking out for the ones she loves. That's why I married her ( LOL) I was riding Rodeo when we met and I needed a great deal of nursing. Anyway I digress, Thanks to you all for the tips. I am leaning toward the Scuba Club Cozumel if I go alone and if I do not the Fiesta Americana looks good. Thanks again for the advice.
    Jacque Cousteau

Registered Users

Ok, since you are going before me, write a trip report. Oh and you can take me if your wife can't go. LOL

Registered Users

Default Damb

Cajun,
    You beat me to it..
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast