Thread: New Dive series pilot finished!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Default New Dive series pilot finished!

Okay, I have finished our pilot about diving requested by the ********Cable network, although their acceptance of it is not assured, it gets submitted tomorrow! It will be, if picked up, a weekly series in HD! Being a "Reality based" show and we used the divers at Anthony Wiley's SCUBA Locker in Riverside CA. If the series goes we will continue to use the shops divers and the shops as our location! Those that dive and travel with them will be the stars!

We also have plans to put the series up on the web at scubalocker.tv
    This has take almost a year and it was just finished today! When you work for yourself who gets a day off? I hope we can count on all of our diver friends to support our show? It is a dive show for divers, their families, and anyone who loves adventure, travel, fun, and even some drama!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users
    City
    Calgary
    Country
    Canada

Default Congrats !!

I'll watch for it, keep us posted.

There's nothing like the feeling of a project maturing before your eyes. Makes all the lomg nights seem worth it.

Congrats !!!
    "From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.”
    Jacque Cousteau

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

Congrats on completing the project PB!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I am in the process of uploading the show to our web site, I will let everyone know so you can be brutal on me! I have beaten myself up more than a few times on direction, is it good enough, and all the misgiving's one has when exposing your work to the public! So I hope you all like it! And thanks! Remember this is to pitch the idea we are hopping to make it more involved as we go!
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Registered Users
    City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Good luck with the project mate. Fingers crossed for you.

Jon

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Thanks everyone we have been getting some good feed back and we hope YOU will take the time and add yours! We want to hear your thoughts so when we go into production YOUR ideas might be right there for you and your friends to see! The pilot is a concept productions and we are fine tuning all of it!

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I really like the video, but I do have some suggestions and comments.

My one suggestion is to reduce the treble a bit, the video sounds "tinny" if you know what I mean.

My comment is that it really looks and feels more like a home video / dive shop ad rather than a TV show. Not that that is a bad thing at all, I was just expecting a regular TV style show....maybe more along the lines of Deep Sea detectives. Maybe a better introduction to the characters and some statistics about them, and some particular subject for each show. For example, in one episode would be about shark diving, and another on ice diving, etc.

The other thing is the clarity of the video, but I am sure that is just an issue of file size and hosting space. Is there a DVD quality version?

Keep us posted, of course we all hope this works out and they like your pilot!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Thanks, I understand all the things you addressed. The Tinny sound is the MWA @365kbs it converts Dolby into MP-3 for the web post! Big difference and the same for the quality. It was shot in 1080i and the dvd looks and sounds way different. I would have used stage6 but they closed down! The reality part of it is the home movie look I guess? It is mostly A camera with very little B-roll. That will come with production I hope! This is a concept pilot and we want people to want more character development to tune in and find out more about all these people and more!

Sorry for the technical issues I should have made that clearer? The idea is a cross between Travelogue, SCUBA Show, and a Reality Adventure! Very little scripting and real life adventure in and on the ocean!

But I want what you gave me! It helps to see how others see it!

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I am glad I could be of help. I would love to see it in all of it's glory. I know a regular DVD is not HD, but if I sent you a blank DVD would you be willing to make me a copy?

Do you plan on doing all of the shows from California and out of the same dive shop or will the shows be something that takes place around the world and different dive shops?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast