Congrats on getting through Rescue, an accomplishment that should be recognised and applauded by all.

I agree with "amtrosie", no substitute for experience so get in the water as often as possible, in as many ways as possible and as many places as possible. Don't forget to keep having fun along the way!

As for the next step ....... some thoughts to consider. If you intend to work in the dive industry, you will need to take the next rung along the professional ladder and that would, logically, be Divemaster (in PADI terms) or the equivalent through one of the other agencies. If you don't intend to work in diving, just get in the water and enjoy it. Take aother classes to gain experience and become a better diver, but there is no need to go the "Pro" route unless you intend to work in the industry. However, be sure that if you start working classes, go through any sort of internship and take that next step, that your passion does not become a chore. Make sure that you find ways to keep the enthusiasm up, even on those cold mornings when you're chasing students around a parking lot trying to get the geared up and in the water.

Also, there may be some additional costs to be considered, e.g. professional liability insurance. And don't forget the reason you take out that insurance is that you are now facing that potential for professional liability.

Don't want to sound like I'm raining on the parade, I went the DM route a few years ago and don't regret it for a second. I thoroughly enjoy passing on my love for the sport to others and helping them to see a little of what I get out of it. I work classes regularly and enjoy it and feel I get a lot out of it as well. I do sometimes wonder what I'm doing at the bottom of a murky lake in Texas in February, but I keep coming back for more.

Just want to be sure you're doing it because you really want to and not just to get the badge or because someone else is pushing you down that route. That, in my view, would be a waste of your time and money.

If you choose the DM path, I say "good for you" throw yourself into it wholeheartedly.