Thread: Best Waterproof Camera Bag Or Case?

Default Best Waterproof Camera Bag Or Case?

I'm relatively new to diving and there are quite a few nice Coral Reefs where I live in Florida, and I wanted to take some pictures of the coral and beautiful fish within the reef. I ALSO don't want to spend a ton of money on a new camera and a full setup just to take a few pictures for my own personal enjoyment.

Can anyone recommend a water proof case or bag of some sort that will allow me to safely take my camera along with me on my next dive to the reef? The camera is a "KODAK EasyShare CD33". Obviously not a Pro camera or anything, but it actually takes pretty nice pictures.

Thanks,

Rich

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

No such thing as safe! It is all relative depending on the money you want to spend You can find good deals with the manufacturer sometimes, but you get what you pay for! The problem with cheap is you get cheap looking pictures.... The shutter maybe fast but the push the ASA or film speed to make the chip more sensitive, you lose quality and color, so it is all relative to the dollar Short cuts in underwater photography are like taking your Corvette off-road! Not always a good experience
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

It depends on how deep you want/plan to go

Here're some links to a few other threads that may have some info you might find handy:

Website w/ brief summary of Consumer Housings:
    Website for brief sumamry of Consumer U/W housings - ScubaMagazine.net Forum

Equipment Insurance.
    Equipment Insurance Recommendations? - ScubaMagazine.net Forum

Manufacturer housings generally are only rated to 100ft or so & vary in quality & range in price from $100-300.

If the manufacturer doesn't make a housing for your camera, & you can't afford/or get one from the big boys, ewa-marine seems to be the catch-all for everything else. But bear in mind that it is really a drybag with a lens welded on and won't protect your camera from pressure.

When you decide, my purchasing experience w/ B&Hphoto so far has been very positive.

Registered Users

Lowepro and Pelican have a large selection of outdoor and waterproof cases and bags. If you don't need padding there is also the option of a small drybag.

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

I've always found the guys at Backscatter to be very helpful. They may not have what you want, but can probably tell you if its available.

www.backscatter.com