Registered Users
    City
    nokomis
    State
    fl.
    Country
    U,S.A.

Default cruise or all inclusive dive package

my wife just finished getting certified to dive and i haven't been in three years , i was wondering what your opinion of what would be better a cruise or a all inclusive dive package?

Registered Users

Default live aboard

How about a live aboard.. It's crusin and divin
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

What are you looking for? A live aboard can be dive intense and your on the boat for the most part! Most boats will do shore stuff as well so what are you looking for? A dive resort will have fewer dives, but other activities! We go to Fiji at least once a year to a beautiful dive resort on a fijian Island! Hard to beat overall experience! See our page and see what looks like your poison! http://www.twotankedproductions.com/...formation.html

We would love to have you a long on our next trip!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users
    City
    nokomis
    State
    fl.
    Country
    U,S.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    What are you looking for? A live aboard can be dive intense and your on the boat for the most part! Most boats will do shore stuff as well so what are you looking for? A dive resort will have fewer dives, but other activities! We go to Fiji at least once a year to a beautiful dive resort on a fijian Island! Hard to beat overall experience! See our page and see what looks like your poison! http://www.twotankedproductions.com/...formation.html

We would love to have you a long on our next trip!
    how much does a trip for 2 cost for Fiji?

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

I would reccomend a good resort where you can easily access/package diving. That way, if she or the both of you get tired from repetitive diving/or a situation occurs then you can still enjoy the resort & other land activities and still have a good vacation. Also being in a resort will allow you to break up the diving as you wish without the pressure to "get your money's worth" or "we'll-miss-the-whale-shark-if-we-don't-get-in".

A liveaboard usually means 4-5 dives a day from about 7-8 am. For dive-a-holics & those with gill/fin implants this would be the ideal vacation. Depending on the liveaboard, there can be absolutely nothing to amuse the non-diver. The best liveaboard for BOTH diver & non-diver is the Four Season's Maldives Liveaboard. It's basically a 6-star hotel on the water, fully custom ordered meals, italian towels & linens, a personalized bathrobe for you to keep as a souvenir, a fully staffed spa with ALL amenities and separate activities co-ordinator/concierge. It's also $$$$$$.
    http://www.fourseasons.com/maldivesk...sons_explorer/

A cruise usually only has a day or two (depending on the length of the cruise & destination routing) of "optional" activities. So you may only get 1 or 2 dives in & often the cruise ships will make you choose between diving & something like going to the Mayan ruins for a particular time slot. As things don't always go as scheduled, you may not even get as many dives or activities you had hoped for. The focus is on the cruise not the optional activities. (Unless it's a theme cruise & the theme is diving )

Remember: it's not about being an experienced/ good diver, it's about how you both like to spend your vacation

** a small note: did she take her Advanced? If not, it may be a good idea, as some operators are not upfront and honest about their charters and will take Open Waters out on the boat but not let them dive when getting to the destination as the site would be too "Advanced".
    Last edited by littleleemur; 03-15-2008 at 03:04 AM.

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

hmm...I may have gotten the Four Season's confused with another liveaboard or maybe they changed it? I seem to remember it being fancier than the current description + it is supposed to have a helipad & access to the hotel helicopter for those cliffside picnics. Help anyone?
    Last edited by littleleemur; 03-15-2008 at 03:09 AM.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Grigsby View Post
    Depending on Air $2700 to $2800 from LAX..... All Inclusive!
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users
    City
    nokomis
    State
    fl.
    Country
    U,S.A.

thanks everyone for the advice

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

We have one space left on the Explorer out of George Town Bahamas for the last week of May 2008 for a week of very good diving! If your interested in going with us contact me ASAP! I will include a free Digital Photography Class for the week! Come and have some fun the work has been done! Lets go diving!

Registered Users

Default Cost to FIGI

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Grigsby View Post
    I have a friend and his wife heading to Figi from Jax, Fla..
    Of course the price I am about to quote is air+lodging+some dives..
    $6K
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast