Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading?

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Default What book are you reading?

Just wondering what book you guys are reading at the moment?
    Is it dive related, non-dive related? are you enjoying it? Would you recommend it?

I've just started reading The Time-Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - and so far so good, it's fantastic. It's sci-fi (think Doctor Who!). About this guy that somehow or another time-travels through time and has a wife where he's been in her life multiple times (for those of you that are lost fans - think the Constant episode - Des & Penny!)

Was recommended by a friend and a good recommendation.
    Lottie

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I just finished "A Sword for Pizarro" I did a review here:http://www.twotankedproductions.com/...ksreviews.html
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Country
    United Arab Emirates

Lottie, that book is so good, I remember being sad for weeks just because I'd finished reading it and wanted there to be 500 more pages!!

I've just finished The Kite Runner by Khalid Hossini and am now reading sequel A Thousand Splendid Suns. They are both set in Afghanistan. The first is about two boys who grow up together, but come from different backgrounds, and how an event in their childhoods follows one of them through his entire life until he gets a change to right of the wrongs he has done. The second book is about two women, brought together through bizarre circumstance who form an unlikely allegiance. The author is an excellent writer, and I wish I'd have listened to the recommendation to read them long ago.

Those and the Rescue Manual are on my bedside table...

Nat

Registered Users

Default Im reading Neutral Buoyancy: Adventures in a Liquid World

Hi,
    I have just started Neutral Buoyancy: Adventures in a Liquid World

just a few chapters in and so far it a grand read.

laters

Dave

City
    Hinton
    State
    Iowa

Right now I'm reading "Deep Storm" it's a sci-fi. It's not about diving but it does take place In the ocean two miles deep. VERY VERY GOOD!

City
    Ft. Lauderdale
    State
    FL
    Country
    USA

"Rich Dad, Poor Dad" for the twentieth time...
    ASW

"Don't believe everything you think"

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

A 1936 Four Roses Flour baking cookbook I found last week in a used bookstore. & a 1920s cast iron cookbook with recipes for "bush meat". Possum anyone?

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

I'm on the road yet again so I picked a slim book that I can read at airports. It's suppose to be maddening, it's suppose to test my patience, it's suppose to be an anti-novel--the first chapters of 10 different stories all strung up. Some have called it a bold experiment (to be experienced and enjoyed rather than recounted otherwise you'll only sound ridiculous), some have accused it of being prose for the sake of prose (a gimmick of form over substance). Some of you may have guessed: Italo Calvino's "If on a winter's night a traveller" -- so here I go anyway *turning page 1*
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

I'm reading two books right now:
    "Solo Diving, 2nd Edition: The Art of Underwater Self-Sufficiency"
    Good book if you are into that type of thing..

And, "Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10." An awesome book that proves that politicians shouldn't be running any part of any war. That's all I'll say about that.
    **D**
    Dive Often, Dive Safe and Share Your Sport.
    My Website My Blog MySpace DiveBuddy
    Adopt a Manatee

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

What's with all the sci-fi?? I'm reading "Forward the Foundation" by Isaac Asimov (an outstanding writer in whatever genre he chose) that I picked up in hardcover at a used bookstore for $2!!

I read "Solo Diving: The Art of Underwater Self Sufficiency" a few years back and thought it was very good.
    -- "I'd like to be ... under the sea ... In an octopus' garden ... in the shade ..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast