Hybrid View

Registered Users
    City
    nokomis
    State
    fl.
    Country
    U,S.A.

I went to the nicoya peninsula during the rainy season. The weather was very nice up to about 3:00 P.M. then the down pours came. It probably rained 3 inches an hour, but the rain was over with by around 5:00 p.m. If you like mud I would recommend an a.t.v. tour Me and my wife went with Two other couples and they all said that it was the highlight of the trip.

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Yeah I have done ATV in Jamaica and got extremely muddy! There was a chance to jump off the cliff (a very high one in my opinion) into the sea to get the mud off - I opted for a shower instead and said 'I couldn't swim!' There was no way I was being persuaded to jump off that cliff as many others were!!!!

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

I should point out that there was steps to get out but they were being used by those exiting the sea - it was a one way route.

Registered Users

I went there in the dry season and it still rained evryday, but only a little bit. I did the hot springs and sky rail both were amazing. no diving for me though.

City
    Bay Shore
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

I've been to Costa Rica about a dozen times to surf. I did do some diving one time out of Playa Flamingo, near Tamarando, which was fairly basic.

When I was hanging out in Mal Pais, I was told that the diving was pretty good around Cabo Blanco but I didn't go myself as the surf was really good. I'd think there would be some good diving over on the East Coast someplace, and everyone knows about Cocos and Malo Pelo and the big Pelagics.

Have you ever heard about any cave diving in CR, DeWayne?

I'm heading down there in two weeks to surf Pavones with my brother, I can't wait!