Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Seizing Natural Climate Change by Politicans!

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by davaotom View Post
    Have you ever felt like laughing out loud but were kept in check by incredulous disappointment? I was diving with a guy last year in the Galapagos islands. Brilliant guy. I really respected him...and then he deflated me.
    ...tends to happen by the third date

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

The guy who started the Weather Channel. Mr. Colman, is going to sue Algore for fraud! I love the way they shut up anyone with facts! I hope he takes his NPP and he ends up in tent wishing for GW!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

See my post in another thread about the ocean temps that NOAA is now saying has been declining since 1993! I want my Nobel Prize for being right about global warming being a hoax! WAKE UP! It's about control! Taxes! More government!
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

The founder of the Weather Channel wants to sue Al Gore for fraud, hoping a legal debate will settle the global-warming debate once and for all.

John Coleman, who founded the cable network in 1982, suggests suing for fraud proponents of global warming, including Al Gore, and companies that sell carbon credits.

"Is he committing financial fraud? That is the question," Coleman said.

"Since we can't get a debate, I thought perhaps if we had a legal challenge and went into a court of law, where it was our scientists and their scientists, and all the legal proceedings with the discovery and all their documents from both sides and scientific testimony from both sides, we could finally get a good solid debate on the issue," Coleman said. "I'm confident that the advocates of 'no significant effect from carbon dioxide' would win the case."

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

Default Sorry, no prize, no cigar

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    See my post in another thread about the ocean temps that NOAA is now saying has been declining since 1993! I want my Nobel Prize for being right about global warming being a hoax! WAKE UP! It's about control! Taxes! More government!
    In a paper published in 2006 it was incorrectly reported that ocean temperatures had dropped. (Johnson, G. C., S. Levitus, J. M. Lyman, C. Schmid, and J. K. Willis (2006), Ocean heat content variability, in Annual Report on the State of the Ocean and the Ocean Observing System for Climate: FY 2005, edited by J. M. Levy D. M. Stanitski, and P. Arkin, pp. 74-84, NOAA Climate Program Office, Silver Spring, MD)

Last year that report was revised. (Correction to “Recent Cooling 1 of the Upper Ocean” Josh K. Willis, John M. Lyman, Gregory C. Johnson and John Gilson, Revised and Resubmitted 10 July 2007 to Geophysical Research Letters.)

In that revision it was noted by the authors that:
    "Most of the rapid decrease in globally integrated 18 upper (0–750 m) ocean heat content anomalies (OHCA) between 2003 and 2005 reported by Lyman et al. [2006] appears to be an artifact resulting from the combination of two different instrument biases recently discovered in the in situ profile data. Although Lyman et al. [2006] carefully estimated sampling errors, they did not investigate potential biases among different instrument types. One such bias has been identified in a subset of Argo float profiles. This error will ultimately be corrected. However, until corrections have been made these data can be easily excluded from OHCA estimates (see Link for more details). Another bias was caused by eXpendable BathyThermograph (XBT) data that are systematically warm compared to other instruments [Gouretski and Koltermann, 28 2007]. Both biases appear to have contributed equally to the spurious cooling."

Bottom line: There was a problem in the data and in the latest analysis, the cooling has disappeared.

When you make sweeping claims it is usually considered to be a good idea to keep up on the field. Failure to do so leaves one operating in a mindset that shares more with those who believe that you can turn lead to gold and that the Sun revolves around the Earth rather than with modern science.

"The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived opinion, by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Mountain snowpack exceeded 150 percent of average in large parts of Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Oregon at the end of February. Spring run-off from the above average snowpack in the West is expected to be beneficial in drought plagued areas.

It was the 54th coolest winter since national records began in 1895.
    Last edited by Papa Bear; 03-20-2008 at 11:46 PM.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Snowfall was above normal in northern New England, where some locations posted all-time record winter snow totals. Concord, N.H., received 100.1 inches, which was 22.1 inches above the previous record set during the winter of 1886-87. Burlington, Vt., received 103.2 inches, which was 6.3 inches above the previous record set during the winter of 1970-71.

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

Mountain snowpack exceeded 150 percent of average in large parts of Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Oregon at the end of February. Spring run-off from the above average snowpack in the West is expected to be beneficial in drought plagued areas.

It was the 54th coolest winter since national records began in 1895.
    Snowfall was above normal in northern New England, where some locations posted all-time record winter snow totals. Concord, N.H., received 100.1 inches, which was 22.1 inches above the previous record set during the winter of 1886-87. Burlington, Vt., received 103.2 inches, which was 6.3 inches above the previous record set during the winter of 1970-71.
    Please, before you force us to present the facts that have lead virtually all of the scientists on earth to reach a consensus, deal with the claim you made that I debunked.

You said that:

Do you stand by that post? Am I correct and were you way off base or not?

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

NOAA: Coolest December-February Since 2001 for U.S., Globe

The average temperature across both the contiguous U.S. and the globe during December 2007-February 2008 (climatological boreal winter) was the coolest since 2001, according to scientists at NOAA's National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C. In terms of winter precipitation, Pacific storms bringing heavy precipitation to large parts of the West produced high snowpack that will provide welcome runoff this spring.

Yep, it sounds like we are getting warmer! What a joke and they will ride this pony until you give up every penny in your pocket and the UN is in charge! The sky has stopped falling and only UN paid so called scientists are preaching Man Made Global Warming! Take the children from in front of the train and lets all move on! Anyone spewing "The line" has a motive, Money, Control, and the loss of American Jobs!

Welcome to the ever changing world we wobble on around the Nuclear Furnace we call the Sun! We have nothing to do with it!

City
    Country life for me
    State
    HI
    Country
    USA

NOAA: Coolest December-February Since 2001 for U.S., Globe

The average temperature across both the contiguous U.S. and the globe during December 2007-February 2008 (climatological boreal winter) was the coolest since 2001, according to scientists at NOAA's National Climatic Data Center in Asheville, N.C. In terms of winter precipitation, Pacific storms bringing heavy precipitation to large parts of the West produced high snowpack that will provide welcome runoff this spring.

Yep, it sounds like we are getting warmer! What a joke and they will ride this pony until you give up every penny in your pocket and the UN is in charge! The sky has stopped falling and only UN paid so called scientists are preaching Man Made Global Warming! Take the children from in front of the train and lets all move on! Anyone spewing "The line" has a motive, Money, Control, and the loss of American Jobs!

Welcome to the ever changing world we wobble on around the Nuclear Furnace we call the Sun! We have nothing to do with it!
    Posting unreferenced and out of context snippets, with exclamation pointed remarks, does not make up for your unwillingness to acknowledge the inaccuracy of your initial posts. Do you think that anyone reading any of your posts could see them as intellectually honest?
    Last edited by thalassamania; 03-21-2008 at 02:01 AM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast