Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seizing Natural Climate Change by Politicans!

City
    Merrick
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

Being the "Fooddude", I have strong opinions on the fat tax idea. It's horrible! Despite my desire to educate people on how eat healthy, and to bring the critically ill in my hospital back to life with nutrition, I was careful in my choice of words. It's my job to "E-D-U-C-A-T-E" people, not force them to eat healthy. That type of thing cannot be legislated. Well, it can, but in my opinion, wrongfully. It's a way to make (pardon the pun) the government fat ($$$). People should have the choice on what to eat. Quite frankly, if everyone was healthy, not obese and completely fit, my private practice would have to close. No people means no business! (actually less, because most of my business is medically or sports performance related, not obesity related, but I digrerss).

Fat Taxes and the like have been shown ineffective in their "stated" outcomes. People still smoke, gun laws have been ineffective in reducing the use of illegal handguns (it was rarely the legally obtained handgun involved in illegal activities (I am a licenced to own a handgun, but choose to not take ownership of one) and I'm sure there are dozens of other examples I cannot think of or even ever heard of.

The only thing that works is education. It is up to the individual to make a decision that affects their health. Only when someones decisions affect others should some sort of legislation be in place, and even then, it needs to be carefully done as to not take away the "offenders" rights to their unhealthy activities.

FAT TAX? Cheesburgers in Paradise will make Jimmy buffett even more wealthy!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I could agree with you more! It is pervasive in our society, but a part of human nature to control others! The "Do Gooders" as my father called the will someday ruin the world as he also used to say! Personal freedom and choice I guess is good in only one place in life, just ask a liberal! Anyway you can lead a fat guy to a hamburger, but you can't stop him from eating unless he wants to!

The government learned from smoking that it is better to tax a sin than ban it!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

I just read an article in the NY Times about how logic and reasoning are the new dirty words. It seems that parenting is one too.

At the Toronto Zoo they have peacocks roaming free. There were 2 boys chasing this poor bird around throwing empty soda cups at it and trying to pull out its tail feathers. The dad was only a few feet away just sitting there watching them. No discipline, nothing! So I walked over and told the kids to stop & they ignored me. I walked over to the dad and tell him that his kids are misbehaving and that he should really be doing something about it, at which point he goes ballistic on me! A friend called the zoo security and we were the ones who were given a speach about being "rude & obnoxious"! I don't think those kids or his dad had anything said to them about abusing animals, but were apologized to instead! There were lots of people around and no-one said anything, they just pretended nothing was happening!

What happened to the days when you could just grab the kid by the ear and drag them to their parents and some parenting would actually be done?! Have we reached the time when the government has to be a parent? And tax is the babysitting fee?

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by littleleemur View Post
    I nurture my dog everyday, but I will not spay her - that's cruel! However she is spayed
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    I do to! But only because I want to! At least your not spading him!
    Neuter would have been a better choice!
    hmm. I had typed "spade her" I guess the auto-check kicked in at the wrong time lol

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

You got it right! I was pointing that out!
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users
    City
    Calgary
    Country
    Canada

Default It's a sign of the times

It seems that people these days have quit using common sense.

In this age people don't believe anything until it has had a study done by obscure university.

For example.

My friend is telling me that a study has shown that Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids are good for you and that his family has now added omega 3 and 6 to their vitamin supplements.

I did not have the heart to tell him that 40yrs ago my grandmother all ready knew that without the benefit of a study and that every day she would make everyone in the house take a tablespoon of cod liver oil. Most likely considerably cheaper that his name brand supplements.
    "From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.”
    Jacque Cousteau

Registered Users
    City
    Calgary
    Country
    Canada

Default Gun laws

The Government will never stop trying to control people. Here in Canada Most firearms are restricted. Does not seem to stop the drug dealer on the corner from getting a Glock 9mm . The problem with laws is only law biding citizens follow the law.

If you want to ruin something let the government get their hands in the pot.

Look at health care here in Canada. sure I can get tests and procedures done for free, I just have to wait months or years.

My mother waited three and half years for a knee replacement, and she could hardly walk at all. Not a city block at the time.

A friend of mine, his doctor thought he might have prostate cancer. It would seven month before he could get a procedure to confirm.
    He ended up flying to L.A and had the procedure and the operation and was home in 10 days.
    "From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.”
    Jacque Cousteau

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Conrad! Your outstanding! Run for office! You will always have a place in my compound! Maybe "We" should write a hand book? People will find out if we screw up and elect either of the two Leftists running their anti-business campaigns!

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by littleleemur View Post

At the Toronto Zoo they have peacocks roaming free. There were 2 boys chasing this poor bird around . . .

All you can hope for is that the bird will turn around and peck someone's eye out (preferably the father's) so that everyone learns a nice lesson . . .
    -- "I'd like to be ... under the sea ... In an octopus' garden ... in the shade ..."

Registered Users

Default environmentally indoctrinated zombies

Have you ever felt like laughing out loud but were kept in check by incredulous disappointment? I was diving with a guy last year in the Galapagos islands. Brilliant guy. I really respected him...and then he deflated me.

Some of us were commenting on how cold it was and this dive master said the cold was actually a result of global warming...it seems, according to him, that it got sooo hot in antartica that a huge glacier melted and fell into the ocean sending a large plume of cold air into the atmosphere which drifted thousands of miles north and caused the cold front we were experiencing. What...no...huhhhh?

Davaotom

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast