Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Seizing Natural Climate Change by Politicans!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Criticisms of a ban on DDT often refer specifically to the 1972 US ban (with the implication that this constituted a worldwide ban), while ignoring that DDT has not been banned for public health use in most areas of the world where malaria is endemic.[96] Reference is also often made to Rachel Carson's Silent Spring even though she never pushed for a ban on DDT. In fact, she devoted a page of the book to consideration of the relationship between DDT and malarial mosquitoes, with cognizance of the development of resistance in the mosquito, concluding:

It is more sensible in some cases to take a small amount of damage in preference to having none for a time but paying for it in the long run by losing the very means of fighting [is the advice given in Holland by Dr Briejer in his capacity as director of the Plant Protection Service]. Practical advice should be "Spray as little as you possibly can" rather than "Spray to the limit of your capacity."
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

One more that you might find interesting and backs my whole point here. We go overboard all the time.
    http://info-pollution.com/ddtban.htm

Again I agree that ddt might have never been harmful to humans but it did harm our earth and its animals. Just one interesting side note, ddt was found in purple die that the royal family had their clothes died in. The clothes that were died purple didn't get eaten by moths, and then ddt was discovered. There is a reason why ddt was banned in the US, and that’s because we didn’t need it. We had a handle over malaria and its negative effects outweighed its positive effects. With that said, we still produce ddt and export it to other countries. Just like the heavy metals it’s biologically magnified, meaning its concentration increases as you go up the food chain. A few other problems is that it’s resistant to breakdown, it’s evaporative, and it accumulates in fat. One specific animal it almost made extinct was the paragon falcons and other predatory birds. Even though ddt has been banned for years I know it’s still found on the sea floor cores in and around PV. I have some specific numbers I got from an environmental studies class that I’m in right now but I don’t feel like typing them in. Pretty much the FDA set a 5ppm standard that’s safe for humans but it’s found in a lot higher levels still today. I’ve always tried to stay as open minded as possible because there is always two sides to a story, but there is just overwhelming evidence of the negative effects of ddt here in the states. Usually the government has a good reason to ban something but sometimes they make mistakes case in point: smoking! I’m sure it’s a worse than ddt would be so why is it still allowed…… oh yea the money aspect!

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Did you read the links? Malaria is making a come back in the South. We did need it for West Nile and plague and might still. It was very safe all mammalians and that is my rant! We over react. It reminds me of the Sun Screen thing. The whole sky is falling thing! We are losing all of our freedoms as government makes more and more decision for us everyday.

And yes smoking is taxed and protected. The bird connection was never proven only theorized. We chose banning over education. You aren't smart enough to us it wisely. Thats what your government is saying.

Smoking is taxed but how is it protected? The large companies making billions are protected, but joe smoker who is puffing away his life isn't.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Ya, but once taxed the politicians don't want the income to go away, therefore protected! But, as long as I don't have to smell it, smoke away if it is your personal choice! That's my point WE should make those decisions not the government! We take things that can kills all the time! Just like the shark feeding thread, it should be your choice not someone "Wanting to help you" or "For your own good" that never stops and it becomes someone else's opinion of how you should conduct your business!

Look at the drug laws and use in this country! Making something illegal doesn't stop it! What next Hamburgers? Spade and nurturing YOUR dog whether you want to or not? Oh ya these are in the works! We soon will have no freedom left! I still haven't gotten an answer from anyone on name three things in this country that are not regulated, illegal, or Taxed?!!!!

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post

Look at the drug laws and use in this country! Making something illegal doesn't stop it! What next Hamburgers? Spade and nurturing YOUR dog whether you want to or not? Oh ya these are in the works! We soon will have no freedom left! I still haven't gotten an answer from anyone on name three things in this country that are not regulated, illegal, or Taxed?!!!!
    I nurture my dog everyday, but I will not spay her - that's cruel! However she is spayed

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I do to! But only because I want to! At least your not spading him!
    Neuter would have been a better choice!

Registered Users
    City
    Calgary
    Country
    Canada

Default Funny you should mention hamburgers

It's funny you should state" What's next hamburgers!" Papa Bear

Here in Alberta, Canada they are considering a "Fat Tax" Taxing fast food and junk food, because it is the major cause of obesity. This theoretically would deter people from eating fast food and junk food. there by creating a healthier population.

It's just another case of the government creating new taxes for their coffers under the premise of doing something good for me. Because in my 44 years I have not been able to think for myself and make choices that are right for me.
    "From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.”
    Jacque Cousteau

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast