City
    Mesa
    State
    Arizona
    Country
    USA

Smile Hello from Arizona

Hi I'm Rob.
    Although I grew up on Long Island, New York and always loved the water I didn't start diving until a year ago at age 44. I've lived out here in the desert for going on 7 years now. I do dive the local lakes to keep in practice but prefer warm water diving and exotic locations. I got hooked on diving 2 years ago while on a Tahitian cruise. I took a discovery scuba dive in Bora Bora and new I wanted to continue exploring the underwater world. I've since dived in Aruba, San Carlos Mexico and Lake Pleasant and Saguaro lake in Arizona. During the past year I achieved PADI's Advanced openwater certification along with specialties in Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project AWARE, Equipment Specialty and Enriched Air Diver. For 2008 I plan to continue my education and travels. I presently have plans to return to San Carlos in 2 weeks. In April I will be visiting in Florida I'll be staying in Ft Lauderdale where I plan to catch a few dives. In May I'll be spending a week in Cabo San Lucas diving as much as I can.
    It's always good to find another community of divers and I hope I'll be able to contribute to it.

Hi Rob, welcome to the SMN Community!

Country
    USA

Welcome Rob.

When in Cabo, avoid the dive site "Sand falls"...but whatever you do, try to get to the famed Gordo Banks. Everything else there pales. Cabo Pulmo is a decent dive too. Everything else there is so-so.

Avoid lovers beach....whoever named that crowded place must have been either into the group thing, voyeurism or both.

Make sure you devise a way to deal with all the hawkers. I find the best way is just before they go to say something, I myself try to sell them time shares, golf, fishing, painted plates or chiclets.
    SMN Publisher