Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
5 mm wetsuit suggestions/opinions

Thread: 5 mm wetsuit suggestions/opinions

Threaded View

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

I have pounded the dickens out of BG suits, surfing and caving, and the only thing I have ever managed to damage was the overall appearance. Those things are tough. Why would you want something thicker than 7mm? Water that cold deserves a drysuit (I'm a wimp when it comes to cold water.)

The thing I like best about Bare, besides they hold up to a lot of abuse, is their wide range of sizes. I lucked out a couple of years back and found a new 7mm farmer John (fits like a glove) for $100 (guy was going around buying out closed dives shops and selling the inventory off on line.) That suit has seen a lot of cave mud and rocks and it is still going strong (and it still looks fairly good after a strong pressure washing.)
    Last edited by BamaCaveDiver; 03-01-2008 at 11:10 PM.
    DeWayne aka Gobwats

The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot.
    Dave Sutton

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum
    - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)