Thread: where would you go feb 2009?

Hybrid View

That looks like a really secluded nice resort set on a private little island...idyllic!

Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

We've been to Belize a couple of times, great diving. Reefs are excellent, fish life abundant, would recommend it to anyone. We've only done the outer reefs, can't speak to what the diving's like nearer shore.

First time was at Lighthouse Reef Resort, had a fabulous time but I think its currently closed. Last time was Turneffe Island Lodge. Excellent in every respect, as long as you don't want the big hotels, resorts, nightclub type holiday as there is nothing out there but a few, very well appointed, huts, a nice bar and a beach. Very good fishing as well as diving, for those who are interested. Not sure what the rates are these days as they were talking about upgrading the place and putting the rates up accordingly, to make it a more exclusive destination. Not sure if that happened or not, but I expect its all on their web site.

www.turneffelodge.com

Also, if you go, take the time to spend a couple of days on the mainland, Mayan ruins, jungle tours, tube the river caves etc. Well worth it, in my opinion.
    Take only pictures, leave only bubbles!