Thread: Image compression

Hybrid View

Hey Cornel, thanks for the great explanation!

PS. Let's get out for some RB diving before we go to Truk.

Registered Users

Cool Shooting RAW format

Excellent post Seafox. Personally I shoot with a Cannon 20D configured to produce both RAW and JPEG. It reduces the number of shots I can put on a card (not too worried I shoot with a 4G CF going to the new 8G) and slows my fps rate down but I love processing my work using Photoshop Camera Raw.

I find for the best manipulation of the RAW format the Cannon software is easier to manipulate but Photshop allows you greater control of the finshed product.

Dive safe

Dave

City
    Toronto
    State
    Ontario
    Country
    Canada

You're quite right Dave.
    Using the manufacturer's SW is indeed easier and faster and is useful for the small "quick and dirty" fixes.
    PS is more complex and time consuming, but allows for much more control and flexibility over the finshed products.
    Personally I am reluctant to use very large capacity cards, ie 4GB.
    That's too much work lost should the unexpected happen, ie: flood!
    Keep in mind that it's not if it's when!
    I find that for me, 1 or 2 GB cards do well for a 2 hrs CCR dive.
    I use Extreme lll cards for their speed and use in different environments ie" hot, warm and cold, both on deck and UW.

Cornel

DON'T JUST TAKE PHOTOS, MAKE PHOTOS
    Protect SHARKS!

Excellence is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities.

Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards!

NEVER STOP LEARNING

Registered Users

You are correct about the CF card this is my 2nd 4G. I usually travel with the 4G as my primary, 2G backup and a 256K emergency. I have found you can never have enough for those occasions when something goes wrong.

Cool Graphics at iLLpic.com