Thread: monetary exchange rates

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Default monetary exchange rates

I thought i'd ask you guys about this - as you seem a good bunch and with some intellect between you all

I'm in the middle of trying to sort out going back to the UK in May and was wondering whether it's going to be better to exchange my EC$ to US$ first, then exchange to UK Pounds (the exchange rate between the EC and US is fixed) or whether it's better to exchange directly from EC$ to UK Pounds.

I've already done this on XE.com, but it works out about the same price for the two (okay, 21 pence difference!)

What do you lot think???
    Lottie

Country
    USA

I think you've already done the math! If you for some reason exchange for Dollars, don't hold onto them long, the dollar will continue to fall.
    SMN Publisher

I agree, hopefully that will change by the end of the year once there is someone else in charge. A trip I was planning to go on, which I might still go on, to Moorea has increased by over a thousand dollars from a year and a half ago.

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

I would like to think my time to do the double transaction is worth a bit more than 21p, got to be worth at least 25p Plus what has already been said about the weak US dollar, I would avoid the hassle myself.

Country
    USA

hopefully that will change by the end of the year once there is someone else in charge.
    I don't think the Federal Reserve Chairman has any plans to resign!
    SMN Publisher

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    I don't think the Federal Reserve Chairman has any plans to resign!
    ok you got me there hopefully our whole economy will get a boost and start heading in the right direction with that change, that's all I'll say