Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Traveling with tanks

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Seeings as hazardous material comes under the perview of several agencies, DOT, Dept. of Commerace, OSHA, etc., what works for one may very well be in conflict with another agency. The Federal Government is a confuluted beast!

As I indicated before, this a new wrinkle in the reg. and a persons ignorance of the law does alleviate the penalties under the law. Face it, to be in the scuba industry for as long as you say, and now the trucking industry for 56 years, I am amazed you have time to sleep.

The regs apply to ALL high pressure cylinders, regardless of current state of pressure (or lack thereof). I did not say it made sense, just that it was.

How they are shipping them is unknown to me, but ignorance of contents is not going to be an excuse much longer.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

By regulation it has to be certified empty! The moving company link is because they do it! I don't sleep much that's why I am on this stupid computer at all hours! I was born into the trucking business, brew up with it, drove truck in collage, and still have many friends and some clients in it! My father drove diesel until he was 81! I have hauled chemicals between LA and Oakland in the 70's! I have been involved in the process of "Certifying a tank empty" and it is a joke, but once certified it is no longer a gas bottle and can go common carrier including bed bug haulers!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    I don't sleep much that's why I am on this stupid computer at all hours!
    Yes you are on at all hours! No matter where in the world I am and no matter the time zone, you're always on!

Here's from one pain-ridden insomniac to another -

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123