Thread: Camelion replacement scrubber

Registered Users

Default Camelion replacement scrubber

hi all ,
    my name is michael and some of you will know me for making the ali and titan boxes.
    after a long wait the new prototype scrubber replacement system aimed at the inspiration classic called the Camelion is ready to see. i want to point out this is a prototype and not for sale ,i want to gauge if there is an interest for something new and we think unique. i have been working on this for over 18 months with a good friend of mine pascal. and we hope you will come and see the results at LIDS . here are a few pics that will hopfully get you interested.there are also a few new pics of the titanbox inspiration replacement case.
    mike& pascal
    Attached Images Attached Images

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Looks like a nice design and great workmanship. It is difficult however to express any level of interest based only on photographs (at least it is for myself.) What was the basis for your design; what flaws were you seeking to correct or what enhancements were you attempting to achieve? Is the new scrubber radial or axial? A bit of information would go a long ways towards accurately measuring interest in such a product

BTW, I have seen your Ali and Titan boxes, so I know that you are talented and do not produce designs just because you can

Registered Users

Default camelion

Hi

Thanks for your comments. This design will hold a radial or axial , we really want to test which would be the most efficient in this design. It is in its prototype stages so information is a bit limited but there will be more info when its available. We are showing it in London to allow people a closer look, but I know not every one can attend. We wanted to design something modular where divers could build there kit in the way that suits them without having to buy a complete new RB, but still be able to mount a lot of there standard equipment from their Inspos.

We have tried to make it very user friendly and field servicable where cell and solenoid changes are very easy. 2 or 3ltre tanks can be fitted. We still have a lot of testing to do to weed out any design faults and hopefully we will get there with the help of the public.

Hopefully we will have more news soon.

Mike & Pascal

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Thanks for the additional info Michael. I think you may have a worthy product there (I like modular systems that can be easily adapted to different uses.) I look forward to hearing more about your design as it progresses.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCaveDiver View Post
    Thanks for the additional info Michael. I think you may have a worthy product there (I like modular systems that can be easily adapted to different uses.) I look forward to hearing more about your design as it progresses.
    thanks ,we will certainly keep you informed of progress.
    mike

Country
    USA

I continue to be impressed with the workmanship of what you are producing......
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users

Default camelion replacement scrubber

hi
    more pics of camelion at www.theadaptivesystem.com
    both radial and axials tested very good results.
    thanks
    mike

Registered Users
    City
    Bryanston
    State
    State of Amazement
    Country
    South Africa

Mike, It really looks like excellent workmanship. It would be nice to see more detailed photos inside the scrubber canister and the electronics, battery box etc. Did you pipe in the normal handsets? Or did you use the vision electronics with the HUD, it looks like it from the cable on the head. It would also be interesting to which manifold you have incorporated as well as the location for ease of attachment for a BOV etc.. Are you integrating the new low power solenoid from APD? I have one and it works great. Have you though of a back cover for the unit? Either way, probably won't make it too LIDS this time around but i would love to fly one sometime...By the way the frame looks superb as per you usual excellent design and craftsmanship.

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by intotheblu View Post
    Mike, It really looks like excellent workmanship. It would be nice to see more detailed photos inside the scrubber canister and the electronics, battery box etc. Did you pipe in the normal handsets? Or did you use the vision electronics with the HUD, it looks like it from the cable on the head. It would also be interesting to which manifold you have incorporated as well as the location for ease of attachment for a BOV etc.. Are you integrating the new low power solenoid from APD? I have one and it works great. Have you though of a back cover for the unit? Either way, probably won't make it too LIDS this time around but i would love to fly one sometime...By the way the frame looks superb as per you usual excellent design and craftsmanship.
    hi
    i have been working on this project for sometime now with a good friend of mine,we have really tried to build somthing of high quality as well as function efficiently and be very user friendly.
    the camelion runs on a shearwater controller and hud.the way the electroncs pod is designed you can fit pretty much any controller in. the electronics and cells are in a chamber which remains ambient but also remains completley dry ,no moisture at all... each cylinder has its own manifold with 7 conections each. the APD solonoid is as far as i know a clippard made for apd.we also use the clippard but the stainless version made for narked at 90.it is a screw in version so changing it is a doddle. the scrubber is a split system, 2 halves in one canister , the one shown is an axial but there is also a radial version which will fit in without modification.
    thanks for your interest
    mike

Registered Users

i want to point out this is a prototype and not for sale ,i want to gauge if there is an interest for something new and we think unique. i have been working on this for over 18 months with a good friend of mine pascal. and we hope you will come and see the results at LIDS . here are a few pics that will hopfully get you interested.there are also a few new pics of the titanbox inspiration replacement case.??