Thanks to an unbelievable deal, LadyDog and I have aquired our first dry suits. The story is a common one - people with excess money decided they were going to take up diving and dumped a fortune into gear before they realized that there's more to diving than just jumping off the boat. Exactly one dive later, after scaring the crap out of themselves, the drysuits now belong to us.

We will be using the suits in the local quarries as well as Great Lakes trips. I have relatives in Wisconsin, and LadyDog has them in Michigan. So both states offer us the excuse of visiting relatives in order to go diving there.

The suits are Bare Nex-Gen's. Not the best, I understand, but given the dirt cheap price I couldn't pass it up. They are in perfect condition.

Naturally, we'll be taking the drysuit course with our LDS. But I am interested in some non-salesman-based opinions about accompanying gear that we will need.

What works best for gloves, hoods, boots, undergarments? Does any of the gear we have for wet diving work with these suits as well? I'm willing to buy what we need, but the more I spend on gear the less I can spend on diving. Help me strike the balance. Thanks

Mountain Dog