Thread: Ita Beach/Izu Pennisula

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCaveDiver View Post
    If I lived some place like that you would have problems getting me out of the water, not into it. We do have caves of a similar caliber here, but somehow its just not quite the same thrill.
    I did some cavern diving back in the 80's in Florida after getting my PADI Cavern Diver cert. Did some limited penetrations diving some of the more popular caves. Peacock Springs, Orange Grove Sink, Blue Springs, Ginnie Springs, etc... I had planned on getting my cave certification, but just never got around to it. Not so easy to do here and I think not so many caves to dive. Probably won't ever do it now unless I end up back in Florida which is unlikely at this point.

I do enjoy the diving here... even though the water was 48F today

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

The caves I was referring to in this area were more of the dry variety. There are a number of sumps to dive, but that entails long treks hauling gear over rough terrain to endure zero vis in cold water (thank goodness it is usually a short swim between chambers); fun, but not too exciting until you break through to a spectacular room that no one else has ever seen before and few ever will. I love the water filled caves down in FL and Mexico, but am not getting down that way as often as I would prefer, so most diving the last couple of years has involved quarries and sumps and very cold water with little of interest to see.) Want to trade places?
    DeWayne aka Gobwats

The safest way to dive solo is to refuse to dive with an idiot.
    Dave Sutton

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum
    - Ambrose Bierce (1906, Devil's Dictionary)

Default Copyright notice

Just a reminder that this report and ALL photographs are copyrighted by myself and are not to be copied or re-used in any form.
    Last edited by Bill22; 04-01-2008 at 11:18 AM.