Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new entry technique

Default A new entry technique

It's the army crawl No they weren't in trouble, I would have help, but their instructor??? had no clue what she was doing because the entire beach was watching and there were TONS of divers. So I took a few pics before entering, so what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

They finally made it out!!! I couldn't attach all 4 at once.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's a good thing it was flat but these are the people that shouldn't be diving. I can't even blame them but the technique that was taught to them. Why is crawling in taught, I sure don't remember that???? I remember being told you can crawl out if necessary, which I have NEVER done and NEVER will! Personally if I see someone crawling, I feel that they are in need of help because humans were taught at a young age to walk on two feet. I'm just confused can anyone help explain

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by hbh2oguard View Post
    Why is crawling in taught, I sure don't remember that???? I remember being told you can crawl out if necessary, which I have NEVER done and NEVER will!
    Definitely confusing stuff...IMO as to why they were crawling in, is if they are standing (without fins) in an enemy situation, they are more of a target, plus have to then put on their fins..if you're crawling, it makes it easier as you are using your upper body weight/elbows/knees to move yourself forward.

Hope that makes sense.
    Lottie

What's IMO

But that's a good reason, if I ever get into combat diving I'll know what to do

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Dude, that is old school big surf entry! Go until you get knocked down and crawl out under the waves with your reg in your mouth! It looks like everything except the waves! I would say that the instructor has been around awhile and I agree with that type of training!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

yea except they were flopping around like seals in the wetsand and like you said the surf is missing. Also I was under the impressing that you could get barotrauma if breathing compressed air in surf since you can get tossed up or down a lot in a matter of seconds.

oh yea they were also prone not on their knees and hands

It would appear to be a training thing (there are some strange methods out there)

Because given the low surf it appears that they could have walked out in to water, waist deep and put on fins (with a buddy) then to shoulder deep and donned the bc.

I would caution jumping to conclusion right away.
    (these are the people that shouldn't be diving)
    I have been used as a "difficult" student for instructors in training.
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

like I said I can't blame them but if they are having this much trouble getting in they very well could not be in the right mind state to dive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast