Thread: Dir

Hybrid View

Default Dir

So we don't get LOCKED out of the other thread please express your true feelings about DIR. Now we don't want to exclude anyone so all are welcome unlike on the other post (If you don't get the sarcasm LIGHTEN UP! )

So I'll start off. I don't know much about DIR techniques but I'm turned off by the name. What's right to one might be wrong to another but what gives ANYONE to say what's right when it comes to something like diving. If we were talking about a spelling bee sure it's either spelled right or wrong but diving is just to diverse to define what's right down to the smallest details.

Country
    USA

The origin of the term actually came from an article written by George Irvine.

His article closed with:

....If it doesn't feel like fun, then it's not. If it's not clean and simple, it's not Hogarthian. If it's not Hogarthian, it's not right. If you're not doing it right, don't do it at all!”
    Text emboldened by me for illustrative purposes.

Yes I knew that, I saw it under the DIR section a while back but it still doesn't really change my mind. The term just gives an image of I'm better than you. It just reminds me of those people who think their "poop" doesn't stink. I don't think its just me, but it rubs me the wrong way.