Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Sealife - fantastic service
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sealife - fantastic service

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Smile Sealife - fantastic service

A while back we were having huge problems with our Sealife DC500 which amongst other things kept jamming. The company we bought it from (Underwater Cameras in Devon, England) could not replicate the fault, despite the fact we sent it back a number of times. Their advice was to switch the camera off, remove the batteries and wait 5 minutes and this would clear the fault. Not sensible advice for an underwater camera!!!

We posted our problems on the forum around Christmas time and The Publisher who I can only describe as a hero took on our cause and contacted Sealife in America.

SeaLife came up trumps and this week sent us a new camera. They couldn't replicate the fault with our camera (not really surprised as it was an intermittent fault) but because we have had so many problems they said they were sending us a new one - this time the DC600 as they no longer make the DC500. We feel they have offered GREAT customer service and as such deserve a mention on the forum. Thank you very much Sealife for sorting this problem out for us and for the new camera you have sent us. The service they offered shows evidence of the aftercare they offer their customers despite the fact the camera is now outside the warrenty period.

We would also like to take this opportunity to say a really BIG THANK YOU to The publisher, without whose help this would not have come about - thank you very much for taking up our cause! We are very grateful.

So thank you Sealife and The Publisher for going the extra mile for your customers/readers. Good customer service really does pay off! This also proves the power of the forum to sort out diver's problems.

Ingrid and Chris

Country
    USA

We've always heard good things about SeaLife and their customer service, so in recognition of how they really stepped up to the plate, we edited your post Bubbles, so the SeaLife name was hyperlinked to their website and we added photos of the SeaLife DC600 they sent you so the rest of us can vicariously enjoy your new toy!

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Thank you.

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Huzzah to Sealife! Customer service is a lost art in our society. Nice to see a company stand behind their product.

Registered Users
    City
    Charles Town
    State
    West Virginia
    Country
    USA

I'm glad your story has a happy ending. I'm thrilled with my Sealife DC600, and I know you will be, too. This is a company that deserves our patronage.

Bubbles, I'm looking forward to the first pictures you put in the gallery from the new rig.

Mountain Dog
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Registered Users

I've also had on 2 occasions had to get service on my sealife camera and they were very helpful both times.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

They have come out with a new D800 and a new digital strobe.
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Hey Bubbles, glad you got your camera sorted out and got a lovely spanky new one as well. I'm jealous with envy..
    Lottie

Registered Users
    City
    edmonton
    Country
    canada

Thats very reafirming about my purchase. Thanks for your story. I am waiting for my dc600 to get here. I hope to use it mid April at Comox, Canada. By the way I was told to get a 1000mah battery. Can it be any battery, there are a bunch on ebay but they say Canon. Nowhere can I find info on proper batteries. I may have to wait until it gets here and go shopping with it for proper size. thanks kev

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Get the highest you can find 2300 or 2700mah are better the higher the number the better the battery! 1000mah just aren't enough Reef Masters are 2200mah!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast