Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
TillyTec LED lights

Thread: TillyTec LED lights

Hybrid View

Country
    USA

Default TillyTec LED lights

TillyTec is the manufacturer of GreenForce lights, and their new LED lights with NiMH powerpacks are getting good reviews from the tech diving crowd.

TillyTec.jpg

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I have tried out some Green Force lights and they are indeed very nice, very expensive, but very nice.

Country
    USA

The above photo was their 500 series led light. Below is a larger photo of it.

But they make a more powerful version now called the model 1000.

TT2 battery pack + LED 1000 as lamp with umbilical and super compact charger
    Light power is the equivalent to a 100 watt halogen
    Burn time 200 minutes
    Charge time 1-3 hours
    Color temperature 5500 kelvin
    Price 770,- euro

The light beam is adjustable and the reflector can be changed for video
    Available is a double umbilical two or three LED 1000 on one TT2 battery
    TT2 + LED 1000 weighs 900 grams or a little over 2 lbs.

The LED 1000 made by TillyTec is the first high power LED module
    that you can change by yourself.

Registered Users

I saw that baby (led 500) in action. It exploded my 10 watt hid, no question.
    The beam is very neat, very concentrated and cuts in the dirty water like a hid. Good also for exploration with periph vizibility.
    I saw the led 1000 but not underwater. It's more brilliant with more periph viz than the led 500. But it's focusable. So it should be perfect for signaling.

Country
    USA

Thanks for the info Fletcher.

Below are additional photos. The first photo shows the LED 500 illuminating a color chart underwater to show color rendition.

Next to compare illumination intensity expressed as Lumens, a 35 watt halogen reference light was aimed at the meter with a Lumens readout of 6680. Below that is a Greenforce HID 10 system with a Lumens readout of 3271. Next below is the TillyTec W30 backup light with a Lumens reading of 7810. Last of the light photos is the LED 500 with a Lumens readout of 10280.

The last two photos are the mounting system to hold the battery pack.

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Looks interesting, any chance of getting some comparative photos of the lights underwater? The refractive index for water and air are not the same, so I wish light manufacturers who produce dive lights would do their testing in the proper environment.