Quote Originally Posted by Finless View Post
UK diving is fantastic. There are thousands(?) of wrecks around the coast. Over 380 known wrecks just off the coast of Sussex (where I live) on our side of the Channel.
Ace, did you read that? We need to organize a Wreck Safari this summer!

The standard UK wreck diver set up is a twin set and most charter dives are in the 35 to 40 mtr range [....] You do need to be 'of a certain standard' [....]essential that a UK diver configured for solo diving
I think I may need an additional class or two for that
What would a standard dive profile be like?

I think it would be worth bringing your own gear but it depends really on how many dives you can do and if charter boat wreck dives are your thing.
Yes they are!

Oh, Scapa Flow is just an awesome place to dive. The wrecks are fantastic but beginning to show their age so don't leave it for 50 years if you intend to go.
Finless,
Thanks for the detailed reply. I realized I asked a rather broad question. I was just getting a little frustrated going thru various dive club pages & cross-referencing them to google maps and basically trying to figure out north-south & what to do. :P

Looks like I should take another course or two and really make it a diving trip. Thanks for your help.