Registered Users
    City
    Dallas
    State
    Confusion!
    Country
    USA

Default Thanks for the memories

Finless, thanks for this, it refreshes the pictures in my mind. Not surprised diving on the Hood was stopped, it was a tough enough dive 20+ years ago, I can only imagine what time and tide have done to her since. Interesting to see the side scan sonar pictures in one of the articles though. Very cool.
    As for the Mixon Hole and Mulberry Harbours, glad to hear they're still going strong. I recall getting geared up in the rain on a cold Sunday morning in the car park and then launching the rib from the beach at Selsey, so the description given in one of those articles was particularly entertaining for me.
    Hopefully I'll get back there to dive them again at some stage.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by shinek View Post
    Finless, thanks for this, it refreshes the pictures in my mind. Not surprised diving on the Hood was stopped, it was a tough enough dive 20+ years ago, I can only imagine what time and tide have done to her since. Interesting to see the side scan sonar pictures in one of the articles though. Very cool.
    As for the Mixon Hole and Mulberry Harbours, glad to hear they're still going strong. I recall getting geared up in the rain on a cold Sunday morning in the car park and then launching the rib from the beach at Selsey, so the description given in one of those articles was particularly entertaining for me.
    Hopefully I'll get back there to dive them again at some stage.
    Thanks again.

No probs. Glad you got some happy memories of the good old 'recession bound', chav and hoody infested UK.

Default loads of uk diving

Hi - what a good question and some good answers all of which I will support. the Mulberry's is probably my favourite dive, especially as it is near to me - and the James Egan Layne is always good - just to mention 2 of the best out of many more.

To those looking at this thread might be interested in a website I have put together tell you about all the dive charter boats (I think!) running in the UK. The site will tell you min booking number, season the boat runs, whether boat has lift etc. www.divesearch.co.uk

If you need accom there are now plenty of listings for the south coast and southwest coast boats - no excuses not to plan some trips now - summer's coming...

Cath