Thread: Cabo Diving

City
    Yarrow
    State
    British Columbia
    Country
    Canada

Default Cabo Diving

Well just got back from 2 week (Jan 5-19) trip down to Cabo. Wanted to do some dives in Pulmo but apparently winds too bad in regular dive spots so they divert you over to less than great dives- same price though- I passed on this. By the way they don't tell you this until you get there. Lucky I bumped into few people that got sucked in. Dived in the regular local spots- most pretty boring but had fun with Sea Lions and had fun with the heavy surge around Neptunes Finger. Went with two differnt dive shops- Manta and Eagle Divers.
    Manta was ok, big boat, only 8 divers of various levels and good equipment. I however felt like it as a real job for the divemaster and seemed a bit disengaged with us tourist divers. Had a great time with Eagle Divers. Very small dive company however had an incredible time. Divemaster was good, took us to great spots that are not the regular run. Only 3 divers, again with mixed levels. He treated dives as drift and therefore had more fun with currents and sealife (Octopus, nudi's, bat rays etc) as well as a wreck. Would diffently recommend this dive shop.

Country
    USA

Hello Pax, welcome!

I've been to Cabo and like you, I was not impressed. I went with Amigo divers or whatever they are called. They were decent.

The worst dive spot of them all was Sand Falls. So some sand spills over the precipice and falls several feet. Whoop-dee-doo.

There is a small rock to the right half way out of the bay, had lots of tropicals flitting about. At Pulmo I only snorkeled about....looks the best.

Unless someone is going to Cabo for other reasons, I would never pay to go there UNLESS the sole destination was the Gordo Banks. Now THAT is high voltage diving.

Thanks for the mini-trip report!

City
    Yarrow
    State
    British Columbia
    Country
    Canada

Fortunately I went to Cabo do some R&R at the Bonito Sunset which is north of Cabo on the Pacific Side- quiet with great Margaritas and Cuban cigars, so the dive was an excuse to get in the water. Like yourself I would not recommend people spend money to go strickly for the diving. I agree Gordo is the exception.

Default New Website hopes to provide better info on diving Baja

BajaDivers.com is a new Web site for those interested in diving the 2,000-mile coastline of Mexico's Baja Peninsula. Our site is still under development, but our goal is to become the best source of information on Baja diving anywhere on the 'Net. In coming weeks, we'll be adding a Virtual Dive Log feature where you - the site visitor - can post your Baja experiences for others to enjoy. We'll also include our own reviews of the many Baja dive sites along with a directory of operators who can get you to each site.

BajaDivers.com - by divers, for divers!
    Regards,
    R.J. Archer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What’s going on under the Caribbean? Check out my
    cryptoarchaeology blog at www.TheMegaBlog.com
    or visit my fiction site at www.SeedsOfCivilization.com.
    Just released: Triangle takes you to the submerged ruins of the "lost city of Cuba"