Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Study claims 100% o2 is harmful

Country
    United Arab Emirates

Thanks Papa Bear...

I guess I was just thinking how the study could have the potential to spark research into critical care in general. I did take a quick look at what evidence is available on the research databases for my particular aspect of healthcare. We have been aware of the potential danger to infants (resuscitation and long-term use, wise) for some time but nothing for adults that I can see so far .

Very interesting articles - Any additonal knowledge to advance resuscitation techniques, for whatever population of people is a great thing and it's great that you made me aware of it. Thanks

Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
    We are only talking about near drownings? I took it from the study they were talking about any use of 100% O2.
    I agree snake, I just reread it again, I must be missing it in there somewhere but I can't find anything that mentions near drownings

Country
    Canada

thanks for the info papa bear interesting reads

City
    Bay Shore
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

In terms of therapeutic value, I was somewhat overserved when I went to a concert on Friday night, and I grabbed one of my 0-2 bottles out in the garage yesterday and stuck a regulator in my mouth. It seemed to kill the hangover a bit

Country
    United Arab Emirates

Haha, I have to agree with you there...and it saves more time than getting a pal to rig up a litre of saline infusion. 100% O2 is also great for getting rid of bruises if applied directly over the offending site (Overservice at the bar can increase the chances of waking up with random mysterious bruises...or so I've heard)

Registered Users
    City
    Arlington
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States

That's interesting. It has also been noted in studies that injecting HGH prior to the use of 100% O2 breathing allows the patient to breath the O2 better and longer w/o other complications.

For Premature babies, a liquid ventilator using a Oxygenated Perflourocarbon emulsion mixture is used. The mixture boosts O2 40% above that in air, or about 30%.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123