Hybrid View

City
    Yigo
    State
    Guam
    Country
    USA

Default Looking to get new BCD

Hey all, I am looking into getting a new BCD because The Sherwood Avid I have now was purchased when I was 34 pounds heavier and needles to say, it is a bit big on me now and still in outstanging condition. I was looking at Back inflation rigs like the Zeagle Ranger LTD since it is completely customizable as far as bladder/lift size, tank numbers and all the other goodies you can "zip" onto it. let me know about this rig if any of you have any inputs, thanks.

P.S. I will be turning to Tech diving in the future so this is why I chose this rig.
    Stop Quoting dead people, i say start thinking for your self

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

DiveRite is adjustable up or down by two sizes! Transpac is the best on the market for the money!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Country
    Canada

I"ve tried about half a dozen different BC's over the years and the best by far was when I switched to a backplate and wing with no quick releases. I have some friends who've had the zeagles for a long time and swore by them. Funny thing is, they've all switched to backplate and wing now and don't regret the switch. There are some excellent ones out there, Halcyon, Agir, oxycheq. I'm sure there are others too. Hope this helps

smurf

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

As I said "for the money" checkout Diverite" Transpac it is the only BCD I have used for 8 years in a row! No need to try others if it travels, works, adjusts, and adapts! Designed and made by Cave and tech divers for Cave and Tech Divers! What else do you need? A plate? It can do it! Doubles? It can do it! Side Mount?
    It can do it!
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

I have to agree with with the old bear, you just cannot beat the Transpac for versatility. You can use it with a back plate to help stabalize doubles, and if you are looking at doubles and stages in your future then you are going to need that stabilization. With the Nomad package you will have one of the best off the shelf sidemount rigs on the market today; I have let a number of novices (no or limited experience diving a SM configuration) dive mine and they were amazed at how well it worked for them. One girl had not dove in over eight years and she trimmed ou like she had been diving the rig her entire life (she went on to do a 90 minute cave dive in it and her buddy was absolutely amazed at how stable she was during that dive.)

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Bama, You gatta stop agreeing with me so much! They will think were dating Peace, Brother!