Thread: Fins for small feet - need advice

Hybrid View

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

I vary between a size 4 and size 5 shoe as I have small feet but wide too. I use Scubapro split fins but with boots I come out as a medium - so maybe the small might fit you. I LOVE these fins as I have always had problems with cramps in the balls of my feet but since switching to these - I have had no problems. Could you get your dive centre to let you try some fins in a pool before buying?

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

I read about a test in scuba diving magazine and the results were that full foot fins were more efficient, I think the conclusion was because they were locked better to your foot? Anyway, not sure if they are less safe then pocket fins. Usually the boots are just nice for warmth and if you expect to do a lot of walking on rough shoreline.

City
    Ottawa
    Country
    Canada

I actually have a few pairs of fins that are waaaaay too small for me. They are similar to Jets, and would probably fit children. I will have to check and see if there are sizes on them. I think there are one pair that fit me with my booties on, so I'd like to keep them, but the other two are smaller, and I would be willing to part with them.

Let me know if you're interested