I have used the Patima housing and I find it far superior to any other housing for the powerful canon G9. The depth rating alone is pretty amazing, but if you consider that you can set up the housing so that you can directly connect the strobe system of your choice and also wet-mount wide angle and macro external lenses, it blows the competition away. Did I mention that the whole housing is made of precision machined metal? How about the look, scroll up and look at the pictures, this system is bad &%$, I urge you to give it a try or at least a look. We started carrying them at my store on maui and all the local dive guides are switching over to them. It's the best point and shoot system on the market at this time!

The Canon housing is nice for a first housing and if you are fine with slave strobes and the Ikelite is nice if you already use Ikelite strobes and enjoy Ikelite equipment. (The Ikelite 67mm threaded Wide Angle Conversion lens doesn't really work with the setup for those of you who own that lens.)

The only negative I have seen or read about is the fact that the latch system is pretty harsh at times and I have even read about people getting cuts from it. I have found that the problem disappears if you use the Patima handle/strobe mounting system for either a single or a double strobe setup. As long as you are careful the metal latch system doesn't seem to be a problem. In fact the latch system reminds me of the older Aquatica housings.

I would highly recommend this housing to anyone!