Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regulator advice

I have a MK25/S600 and I like it a lot more then my other reg which is a maximus because mine is a few years old and has the longer exhaut T which doesn't allow it to fully swivel. I think I might just have to cut the T down or get a newer shorter one.

Country
    Canada

I"ve used sherwood for years, solid reg, excellent cold water performer, very easy to service, not the best breathing reg out there but very dependable. I've switched over to Apeks regs and couldn't be happier. Very nice breathing regs, awesome cold water reg, easy to work on and dependable as well. Can't go wrong with the apeks imho. Unfortunatley I haven't tried the other regs that Bama spoke of.

smurf

City
    Newmarket
    State
    Ontario
    Country
    Canada

Default Apeks

Spend the money (really not that much) and get Apeks regs. Absolutely the best most dependable IMHO.....it's your life support system....do you really want to cheap out on that?????

Chrispy

City
    Merrick
    State
    New York
    Country
    United States

Haven't posted in awhile, but my opinion (and I dive in the NY/NJ waters regularly... no pun intended) is that the Poseidon regs are the best. The extra money is well spent because you rely on it quite a bit.

I use the Xstream, and they are easy to clean, breathe at all depths, adjust and maintain.

-FD

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by fooddude View Post
    Poseidon regs are the best.
    The Poseidon regs seem to be those that you either love or hate. I have never used one personally so I don't really have an opinion on them other then by what I read or have seen. I just find it so odd that the opinions on them are like that. Also, they are very popular with the NJ/NY wreck divers.

Thank you for your advice Bama, I'll watch and see Reg.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by qiuyinffy View Post
    Thank you for your advice Bama, I'll watch and see Reg.
    Bama's post was 3-1/2 years ago, much has changed since then with regulators. I don't know if it matters to you as you are only watching and seeing reg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12