Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PMW EX1 housings

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Nice footage and editing John......
    Solid work Jon, I appreciated the balanced use of music and ambient sound throughout the piece.

What are your thoughts of DivX as compared to Flash Video?

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Beckave, welcome to the SMN community!

I agree....I think it was a huge blunder for Sony not to have a LANC controller port.

I hope the next successor to this camera has a LANC port.. We really need a true HD videocam instead of HDV and we need 3 large imagers, whether it be CCD's or CMOS chips. HDV has issues with quick moving subjects, and interlacing is problematic.

I sometimes wonder if I would be better off shooting in 720P than 1080i.
    As far as movement, one thing you can do is turn off the steady cam feature it causes the blur problems trying to compensate for the movement. But remember it is a trade off, because if not switched back on, your regular shots look shaky!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users
    City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Regarding DivX and Flash, I like and use both... Due to the fact that you don't pay for bandwidth on DivX is a big advantage especially with a 10 min promo like the TUFI one. Quality is pretty good too for DivX, the real drawbacks are that people have to install the codec which will always put some people off. Flash I reckon takes a little more messing around but you obviously have greater control. As you have seen from my site the opening page is flash as the footage is short, I also want full control over it. The other pages are embedded DivX which is easy to move around and not expensive on my hosting bandwidth.

Cheers for the comments

Jon

Registered Users

Default Equinox HD10 for EX1

Equinox has started shipping the NEW HD10 housing for the Sony EX1, went away from the traditional yellow and went with Black for their new HD line.

B&H receives theirs next week.

Cheers.

Country
    USA

Default Gates Ex1 housing photos

This just in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SMN Publisher

Country
    USA

Default SeaLux PM-EX1 housing photos

Here is two photos of the new SeaLux video housing made for the Sony Pm-EX1 videocam.

hdex-1.jpg hdex-2.jpg
    SMN Publisher

City
    Miami Beach
    State
    Florida
    Country
    USA

Default Gates Housing for the Sony PMW-EX1

The Gates Housing for the EX1 is awesome and has gone out on several rentals/productions with only good feedback. Well, there is one design complaint that I've heard a couple of times. The internal video cable is very short which was done intentionally to prevent the cable from being pinched when openeing and closing the housing. It's so short that you have attach the cable while the camera is half in/halfout of the housing. A little bit of a pain...but no biggie. Besides that...ALL good.

Billy DeCola
    www.big10media.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12