Thread: What's the difference between PADI Bubblemaker & PADI Seal Team?

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

Default What's the difference between PADI Bubblemaker & PADI Seal Team?

Just wondering what the difference is between Bubblemaker & the Seal Team. & also what people think about what (quality, etc) is actually taught in these programmes.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I am under the impression Bubblemaker is the fist step and then the Seal Team is the next program, but here is what PADI says:

The PADI Bubblemaker program is for boys and girls age 8 and above. It’s fun, easy and safe. The PADI Bubble maker program is a way for youngsters to join in the family fun of scuba diving or even start a trend! Children should be OK in the water, but they don’t have to be super swimmers since the maximum depth is only 2m/6 ft.

For children eight years and older who want to have fun in the pool
    Also available as an open water experience (two metre/six foot max. depth)
    Conducted by PADI Instructors
    No pre-training required
    Uses equipment made for children – not adults
    Typical sessions last about an hour (sign up, gear up and fun included)

The PADI Seal Team is for young divers who are looking for action-packed fun in a pool by doing exciting scuba "AquaMissions." Have you ever wondered what it's like to dive with flashlights, take digital pictures underwater or float effortlessly like an Astronaut? These are AquaMissions. You will learn about safe diving and you can try AquaMissions. Like wreck, navigation, buoyancy, underwater photography, environmental awareness and more. Here's your chance to do some cool stuff in the pool, meet friends and share in the adventure of the underwater world.
    PADI Seal Team is a fun pool-only experience
    PADI Seal Team is conducted by certified, trained PADI Professionals
    PADI Seal Team is a fun activity for both boys and girls ages 8 and above
    PADI Seal Team helps children learn responsibility
    PADI Seal Team teaches children about the aquatic environment
    PADI Seal Team AquaMissions and activities usually about an hour each.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Oh, sorry as far as what is actually taught is not supposed to be the important part here. Kids that are 8 years old don't need to understand decompression and such. It is just designed to get the kids comfortable with SCUBA gear and being in the water with it. It is definately a great way to get the little ones a head start without much of an investment.

Registered Users
    State
    Country
    Canada

Hi Ace,

Thanks for the info.

I was thinking of organizing a kid's birthday party this summer and thought that Bubblemaker would be fun Just worried that not all the kids are swimmers or good swimmers. Maybe an 8th birthday would be too soon for something like this?

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Well, depending on the number of children it may be very expensive. You also have to consider if all of the children will be old enough as some friends may be younger.

If you still think it is a good idea, I would definately consult with each of the parents well in advance. You should have all of the info. from PADI available for them to go over.

Registered Users
    State
    Country
    Canada

PADI's description isn't really helpful in the parent arena, so I guess I'll have to find a LDS to see what exactly they do in Bubblemaker. As for cost,the birthday is in August when school's out & a lot of his friends aren't in town, so he's really quite bummed out about it. A mere pool rental runs up a few hundred so if the Bubblemaker cost is similar (& pool is included) it makes more sense costwise. Plus he's been bugging me for a mask fin snorkel set everytime he sees one whether it be from the Dollar Store or Bass Pro Mills

My backup plan is to have a GI Joe themed beach party with water guns and a kiddie obstacle course.

Registered Users
    City
    canada
    State
    canada
    Country
    canada

Hi acelockco,
    thanks for very good information regarding PADI. before this i don't know about PADI Bubblemaker & PADI Seal Team.