Thread: rEvo

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Default rEvo

Is anyone diving one yet? what are your thoughts on them?
    Im looking to get into rebreathers soon and this is one im considering.

Matt

Zero,

I don't know anyone diving them, sorry. I know we need some more CCR types to sign up, it will just take some time. It does look like a nice unit, but what are the electronics?

I do think it has some unique features, especially the latter video:

Last edited by Sarah; 01-15-2007 at 04:34 AM.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

To start with they arent electronic just CMF. The handsets are rEvodreams. Havent heard much about them really. Hard decision for me is what to go for. One of these or a Mk15.x

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    To start with they arent electronic just CMF. The handsets are rEvodreams. Havent heard much about them really. Hard decision for me is what to go for. One of these or a Mk15.x
    Perhaps you might want to take a look at the numbers of pictures at this site * http://www.tekdiving.nl/modules.php?...view_album.php ..... Which might give you some insight of the unit.

Regards, sunis

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Already seen them and many other pics but curious about the underwater ability and peoples opinions of the unit.

Matt

The Revo and the Mk 15.x are much much much different beasts Maybe if you were to provide some idea as to what your goals or intentions in diving are.... and how much you are looking to spend maybe? the Mk's are very very expensive to maintain, as there are not very many of them out there in civilian hands

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yes very different beasts indeed. The rEvo would do everything i wanted in diving right now. The Mk would do everything id like to do. Much deeper stuff. Colkan down here and building and supporting the units which makes it a bit more favorable. What im after is something with back mounted counterlungs that can go deep and long and take a beating.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Yes very different beasts indeed. The rEvo would do everything i wanted in diving right now. The Mk would do everything id like to do. Much deeper stuff. Colkan down here and building and supporting the units which makes it a bit more favorable. What im after is something with back mounted counterlungs that can go deep and long and take a beating.

Matt
    come at OZtek, have a look, do a try-dive at bazza's and see for yourself :-)
    regards
    paul

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Ill be there both days and thanks for the info on the unit Paul but im really leaning towards the Mk15 now.
    Welcome aboard.

Matt

Registered Users

Default Considering a rebreather

When considering a rebreather, look at the support that comes along with it.
    For example, if you are traveling, get to your destination and find that
    something was damaged during shipping, can you find the part(s) to repair it,
    locally? This plays a big part and the major reason I went with the rebreather I am using.

What type of chemical is used to scrub the CO2? Is the chemical in a canister that is easily replaced so you may continue your dive with minimal surface interval or is it the granuals which you must pack?

How long do you intend to stay down, contiguously?
    How deep do you plan to go?
    Whose electronics are being used to manage gas flow, can it manage multiple gases? Decompression? Is it customizable, easy to read and understand, user friendly. Does it manage the selenoid or leave it up to the diver (manual).

How much are you willing to initially invest?
    How much are you willing to invest on a dive basis (ie. scrubber, diluent, O2, bailout)

Are you willing to invest the extra time and effort to maintain the unit before, during and after a dive?

These are just a few of the thoughts that come immediately to mind.
    Personally, I believe rebreather is the future of diving. Getting into now will set one up for the wave to come. It's just a matter of time.

Good luck on your adventure...