Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you celebrate Christmas?

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-h2O View Post
    Thanks Lottie. I hope your celebration was enjoyable. (now over Happy "belated" Hanukah)

What are your plans for New Years?
    I'm still recovering - mainly due to lack of sleep than being alcohol induced
    As for New Year - I'm still trying to find out whats going on for NYE as i've got some friends coming over next saturday from the UK. Xmas is more of a bigger thing over here than new year so from what i've been told, there's no J'ouvert

So - sorry about this bubbles, but it is sorta related (now) What's everyone else doing for New Year?????
    Lottie

I will be working for a guy that rigs those big ballon drops this year. In past years the dive club does a new years evev/day night dive. In at 11:45 pm out after midnight In in Dec. out in Jan. BNut after seven years of this it isn't happening this year so I am going to work. Besides I need the money for a motorcycle.
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

BIG THANKS to all of you who joined in this thread - don't mind in the slightest if it turns into a 'what do you do for new year' thread now! Sure I could do with some education in that department too!

To answer some of your posts:

LOTTIE: Sorry - have Jamaicans on my mind having spent our holiday this year with them! I meant to say West Indians in general - we have had some great parties in Antigua and Barbados as well. Sure the St Lucians are equally as much fun! Thanks for the website address will check that out. The Black Cake sounds gorgeous - I am a great fan of rum hic!

DADDY-H20: Was very interested to read your comments re humanity and do agree with you.

RUBBER CHICKEN: shame you had to work. What do you do, anything interesting?

ACELOCKCO: what a good idea to have the profit from buying a Christmas tree go to something worthwhile like donations to the fire department. Are there lots of such schemes in your country?

Well thank you all of you once again - this has been a very interesting post and I have enjoyed hearing all about the way you celebrate Christmas. Have a great New Year - however you celebrate that -maybe you will let us all know! In the UK new year is not as big as Christmas but people do let off a lot of fireworks - the number has increased greatly since 2000 - I think that is what started the popularity. I have my elerly parents staying so we won't be doing much - we plan to play some family games. (My husband bought us the game: Pirates of the Caribbean as one of our Christmas presents.)

Best wishes for 2008 - may it bring health, peace and happiness - oh and lots of diving!
    Last edited by bubbles; 12-26-2007 at 07:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12