Registered Users
    City
    Charles Town
    State
    West Virginia
    Country
    USA

Really. Take chill pill.

This is a marketing strategy by Spirit. They let out a relatively limited number of seats at ridiculous prices. The word of mouth advertising they get out of that is far cheaper than buying tv time or newspaper and magazine space. If we happen to be the beneficiaries of the strategy, then so be it.

Like Ace said, most people on that plane are paying full fare. And if Spirit gets it's "$9 Club" members to occasionally buy a full fare ticket from them when their travel schedule demands it, Spirit profits.

If you have specific evidence that their maintenance program is below the industry standard, yell it from the rooftops. If your only beef is with the marketing strategy they employ, I don't get your point.

As for the nose gear story, name an airline that hasn't had issues. In my years of flying I have been through half a dozen incidents on planes operated by major airlines. Delta, US Air, Continental, American and a few foreign carriers have all put me on flights that had substantial problems. If I avoided every airline that has had an in-flight situation, I would have to take up hitch-hiking.

If your going to travel, you accept some risk. I don't like it any more than you do, but there's no way around it.

Mountain Dog
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

I totally agree with Mountain Dog - EVERYTHING in life has risks but life would be pretty dull if you didn't take risks wouldn't it - we'd all have to give up scuba diving for starters!!!! On UK tv yesterday they were saying that a lot of towns are not putting up Christmas lights this year and that Pantos are no longer throwing sweets into the audience because of health and safety issues - how sad that life is turning out like this!!!! Where has all the fun gone? I'm not suggesting for a minute there should not be strict rules re safety of airlines but there are risks in everything in life but then life is there for living and having fun!

I am sure there are many more full paying passengers than bargin ones and that it is better to fly full than have empty seats - $9 is better than $0!

Finally, I can't believe you guys have got so heated about all this - surely this forum should be a friendly one where people can express opinion but not feel 'got at' when they do! SHAKE FINS AND MAKE FRIENDS AGAIN - LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR ARGUMENTS!!!

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I was not trying to start an arguement or being hot headed, I was just saying that I believe someone was putting in their opininon just to have an opinion when in reality there was nothing the person really had to say.

We definately are still friends, we just taunt eachother from time to time. All in good fun

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123